Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Not to change the subject but.
What are the thoughts on the 9mm Taurus G2c?
Are you kidding? This thread is all about changing the subject! Lots of folks with lots of interest. I have even seen dog washing advice be given! Hah! On serious note with regard to Taurus G2C. I have not seen Anybody bring one to the range and or participate in one of our classes with one yet. So cannot really say anything one way or the other. The only thing I know for sure was Taurus had some quality issues several years back and rather than ignore them they attacked their own quality and made some serious manufacturing improvements. Two Thumbs up to them for addressing the problem vs pretending they did not have one. This is my broad brush statement disclaimer, but all of the “new” generation Taurus pistols I have seen in class or on range have had zero issues. This is clearly a subjective statement and based only upon what I have seen. Word on the street is they are good guns for the money. I realize I did not answer the question directly but that is all I got!

Honestly, I don't have any experience with one.
My better half bought a CZ75 compact that she loves and will allow me to clean. I really like it and it makes me look like I know what I'm doing when I shoot it.

I like that Ruger bought Marlin and they are bringing back some good stuff like the 1895 and supposably the 1894, hope the quality stays up. I would like to see an 1894c in 357 maximum.

Honestly, I don't have any experience with one.
My better half bought a CZ75 compact that she loves and will allow me to clean. I really like it and it makes me look like I know what I'm doing when I shoot it.
I went an looked at a CZ75 this afternoon. It was a P-01or something like that. Used but like new they wanted $650.00 plus tax, for it. They wanted $880 plus tx, for a new one.

I went an looked at a CZ75 this afternoon. It was a P-01or something like that. Used but like new they wanted $650.00 plus tax, for it. They wanted $880 plus tx, for a new one.
Thank Covid for that. Pre pandemic prices were around $550. It's a great shooter.

So I got to spend some time with grandson this weekend he was determined to put on one of my old vests. It was hilarious watching him try and get in it. I think it weighs as much as he does! He watches half his family don armor every single day as part of their work clothes. Of course I had to add one of my fearless K9 Hemi in her Holiday wear! Merica!

B4C57826-08F3-490B-B050-5EB9F84E7D88.jpeg

D8BC11B1-FB98-4BA1-AEE6-AAE2C43A78B9.jpeg

Any Ithaca Model 37 fans?
O heck yeah! Virtually indestructible! Of course rumor has it that the Remington model is the basis, but who are we kidding everyone was trying to compete with the Winchester model 12 at that point? The Ithaca model is super reliable and has an almost cult like following. A lot of PDs back in the day rocked the model 37. They just plain work!

O heck yeah! Virtually indestructible! Of course rumor has it that the Remington model is the basis, but who are we kidding everyone was trying to compete with the Winchester model 12 at that point? The Ithaca model is super reliable and has an almost cult like following. A lot of PDs back in the day rocked the model 37. They just plain work!
The Remington Model 17 was the basis for Ithaca Model 37. The Ithaca has improvements and is also available in different gauges. The Model 17 was only available in 20 gauge. In my opinion the Winchester Model 12 and the Ithaca Model 37 are the 2 best pump shotguns ever designed!

The Remington Model 17 was the basis for Ithaca Model 37. The Ithaca has improvements and is also available in different gauges. The Model 17 was only available in 20 gauge. In my opinion the Winchester Model 12 and the Ithaca Model 37 are the 2 best pump shotguns ever designed!
Agreed, one does not have to look at a “modern” Mossberg for very long to understand where it’s roots are from!

I have the P111 witch is the G2 I believe, love mine, zero complaints in the three to four years i have been shooting and exercising with it on my side around my home, 200 rounds threw it or more. I have small fat hands and it fits like a glove , I like the 2 13 round clips that come with it, I change it out every third month with 7 shells in it, the trigger is the first thing you will have to understand and and use it to get to know your pistol, pull back to a safety position then pull trigger all the way.. its a safety feature.
I like mine for what I use it for, protection and exercising my abilities to draw and chamber, and clip pull to set the next clip in.

I have shot my share of tree trunks as I walk.:lol:

Any Ithaca Model 37 fans?
I had one, inherited from my Dad. I loved it! A shitty step-dad stole it. True story this particular one was a pistol grip and my dad stuck it to his chin like the old Marine Corps drill sergeant with the Tommy Gun photo, he was tough, but not Dumb. Only did it Once!

I had one, inherited from my Dad. I loved it! A shitty step-dad stole it. True story this particular one was a pistol grip and my dad stuck it to his chin like the old Marine Corps drill sergeant with the Tommy Gun photo, he was tough, but not Dumb. Only did it Once!
Ya, I shot it one handed. Once. Its a a featherlight.

Agreed, one does not have to look at a “modern” Mossberg for very long to understand where it’s roots are from!
I had a Brother, who just Passed from a 20 year Battle w/ a non op Brain Tumor, who's Dad was a Pinellas County Sheriff, that Many Moons ago, gave me a Moss 500. Wish I still had that thing!

So here ya go for some innovation. I basically am required to wear a Kydex or similar “ modern” material holster at work, or when teaching. Most all classes and ranges now strongly urge you not to wear leather. Well I love leather. I looked in my box of unwanted holsters (we all have that box right?) and found an unloved Kydex holster that fits my SIG. I took my dremel to it and smoothed it up and removed all the unnecessary stuff and lumps and bumps. I then gave it to my leather guy and he figured out how to mold the leather to the Kydex. So now I got me a “legal” Kydex holster to teach in! Buscadaro drop holster for the win!

65948CF5-5C63-4592-A5C5-78E01871BD9D.jpeg

03D6D3BE-BEC3-4D3D-AB5E-AA3920B22A7C.jpeg

-
Back