Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
77e08f53d02020b9deec28e9e3d74553.jpg

I thought I was alone in my liberal use of lubricant for decades. Thank you.

ARs have been mentioned quite a bit. Any AK owners here?
I have a Century Arms AK, just recently got it, and have only put 150 round through it. It was cheap, and so am I.

Ammo sale at True shot but im broke from the wardens surgery and the extra 2 g I had to shell out.

Ammo sale at True shot but im broke from the wardens surgery and the extra 2 g I had to shell out.
But she is way better so there is that, you just asked for prayers for her? You did not explain you needed prayers for extra ammo? Dang it we messed that up? Hah! On serious note glad she is recovering well.

I have a Century Arms AK, just recently got it, and have only put 150 round through it. It was cheap, and so am I.
I would love to hear your thoughts on it, any chance we can badger you into a impromptu review next time you take it out. They have had some mixed reviews but honestly I have yet to see one have any kind of failure at our range? Seems like they just go bang when you want em to? Hard for me not to like that aspect.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it, any chance we can badger you into a impromptu review next time you take it out. They have had some mixed reviews but honestly I have yet to see one have any kind of failure at our range? Seems like they just go bang when you want em to? Hard for me not to like that aspect.
I laughed a lot during the little session I had. We just shot at some buckets and a few boards, didn't have any targets with me.

It shoots nice, found the sweet spot in the open sights and sent one bucket spinning for a few shots. I hope to shoot it next weekend, if my coworkers mom isn't selling any dogs that day. I'll gladly report back my findings.

They go hang when you want them too but they might blow up in your face too. Spicy game of chance.

Ya can’t just troll us like that? Hah! Are you buying, selling, trading or just figuring out what to shoot for the day? I would shoot the Ruger first!

Troll, wow Haha
I know it's been awhile since I been on here
Well, I am always buying & building
Everything is always forsale
Barter & Trade helps the World go around
I did shoot the Ruger yesterday
Today I think its the 300 black out
Or maybe the 7.62x39

can anyone help with a few boxes of 357 Rem. Max
I can't seem to find them here in the Islands
and I want to try out my over & under. I need to feel the "Power" Kick!
Haha, happy to pay cost, shipping and a finder's fee. even maybe send ya a Taste of Hawaii
Much Mahalo, C

Haha, happy to pay cost, shipping and a finder's fee. even maybe send ya a Taste of Hawaii
Much Mahalo, C
I will keep my eyes open. Tough caliber to find anywhere. That is a lot of powder in a very long case.

But she is way better so there is that, you just asked for prayers for her? You did not explain you needed prayers for extra ammo? Dang it we messed that up? Hah! On serious note glad she is recovering well.
She is doing very well.Thanks.She has been cut down to 2 days a week for thearpy and is doing woman stuff around the house.I have to tell her to sit down and butbtour leg up.At the end of the day she hurts

She is doing very well.Thanks.She has been cut down to 2 days a week for thearpy and is doing woman stuff around the house.I have to tell her to sit down and butbtour leg up.At the end of the day she hurts
Great to hear. It will take her some time to build her energy and endurance levels back up. She will literally heal for months. Be sure she keeps doing the flexibility stuff, she has fought to hard to stop now!

With the heat we've been having, Romeo, the Dutch/German Shredder has turned into a D/G Shedder. Forgot how much hair a longer coat can create, it's nuts.

Much Mahalo, C
I deer hunt with a .357 rem max I have only been able to find brass to load my own ammo never have found factory loaded ammo

I deer hunt with a .357 rem max I have only been able to find brass to load my own ammo never have found factory loaded ammo
Invariably every time I ask about that caliber for our Island buddy whoever I ask looks at me like I have a third eye. They then simply shrug and tell me ya gotta load your own. It is not your everyday pick up a box off the shelf ammo.

With the heat we've been having, Romeo, the Dutch/German Shredder has turned into a D/G Shedder. Forgot how much hair a longer coat can create, it's nuts.
Agreed, I finally gave up and have now recruited my neighbors daughter to vacuum. She does the whole house for ten bucks while her Dad and I sit in shop with a bourbon! Best ten bucks spent ever!

Agreed, I finally gave up and have now recruited my neighbors daughter to vacuum. She does the whole house for ten bucks while her Dad and I sit in shop with a bourbon! Best ten bucks spent ever!
Well worth the $10! I have hardwood floors, so a quick sweep and I'm good. I pulled out all the little loose chunks of fur I could see, when he was outside, looked like a fur bomb had gone off.

ya know, When Bill was in office and was fixin' to ban multi round mags I bought one of those SKS things and 1400 rounds of russian hollow points. I was a waiter in college at the time and $350 for the lot seemed like more than enough for me! I still have some of those rounds but man if i ever run russian through any of my guns they get hot and jam up quick. in the SKS I can rip off 20 before things get a little weird but I can usually get all 30 out. If I use my 75 round drum with the same ammo ... forgetaboutit !!! I have harvested deer with it but the neatest thing lately is what I did to the stock; I can't tell ya what the chinese used for wood, it is very strange and fibrous. In 2018 I had a tree die in my back yard that turned out to be a 75 year old sassafras and the butt had tiger striped figure in it. so I had it milled and I kinda' whittled a stock out of it. My wife entered me in a company woodworking contest and we won a prize! a new dremel is all but still....

Anyone else still having trouble getting particular rounds at this point? I had to buy some NOS on gunbroker because I can not find new 340 Weatherby bullets.

Last edited:
-
Back