Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
A bit of a sad story. My uncle and 2 cousins were hunting in bear country and sleeping in a tent. One boy thought the other was a bear. Blew his head off 60 miles from nowhere. That was probably 60 years ago. Later, I was fishing with that uncle and his friend in a boat. They had been drinking. First time I seen a grown man cry.

Last edited:
Just for fun.

FB_IMG_1640479586421.jpg

images.jpeg-10.jpg

Cat:
Now see here Dog, it's time we had a discussion about who runs the show around here. Just do as you're told and everything will work out fine.

DSCN2883.JPG

Cat:
Now see here Dog, it's time we had a discussion about who runs the show around here. Just do as you're told and everything will work out fine.

View attachment 1716163232
My wife just had that very conversation with me this week! Some kind of referral to a credit card and a spending spree at Midway?

Here is my 22 plinker. Put on blue glove , slather in hand cleaner and put your paw in the auto zone JB weld!

View attachment 1716162924
Likely should have explained. That is a Kimber 45 lower mated on top with a Marvel 22 conversion kit. Venom vortex red dot on top. That little beauty won me Master class 22 a few years back. the way grip forms around my hand there is literally only one way to hold it. Grip variable eliminated. A buddy talked me into doing it, he told me it would increase my scores dramatically, I told him hog slobber. Virtually exact same pistol, same competition format, same protocol from shooter, same ammo only difference between seasons was grip molding. Increased my score by right at ten points per match. In our world that is huge! But now pistol is regulated to one hand shooting only, so there is that. I tried to shoot it two handed but felt like an epileptic In cardio arrest.

I got my noise reduction unit this week and with my leg screwed up haven’t been able to walk down to my back yard to try it. I’m looking forward to being able to shoot several times a week next year.

I got my noise reduction unit this week and with my leg screwed up haven’t been able to walk down to my back yard to try it. I’m looking forward to being able to shoot several times a week next year.
I bet you will really like it. Your neighbors will enjoy it even more! The wait for them is frustrating but very much worth it.

Do yourself a favor and look into the Savage .17 WSM. I have one and can attest to the Coyote killing effectiveness at 200 yards. It is a totally different round than the HMR that shoots further, flatter. More along the lines of a 5.56 than a .22 at 3000fps.
I have killed many, many ground squirrels from all ranges that the Vortex scope is good for. They will explode in two if you get them in the belly.
This is a good write up, review, and has a lot of the specs.
The 17 Winchester Super Magnum — Ron Spomer Outdoors

EA7EEB93-CE3C-42C1-B08D-320340D096C0.jpeg

Do yourself a favor and look into the Savage .17 WSM. I have one and can attest to the Coyote killing effectiveness at 200 yards. It is a totally different round than the HMR that shoots further, flatter. More along the lines of a 5.56 than a .22 at 3000fps.
I have killed many, many ground squirrels from all ranges that the Vortex scope is good for. They will explode in two if you get them in the belly.

View attachment 1716164763
That Yote isnt going anywhere. BTW I do love Ron Spomer on Youtube. I could listen to him talk about rifles for hours and hours. That is one potent little round!

View attachment 1716164763
One of my favorite winter hats is made with coyote pelt. It is striking, of course I left the tail on! Who doesn’t like a bushy tail! Coyote pelts are beautiful.

One of my favorite winter hats is made with coyote pelt. It is striking, of course I left the tail on! Who doesn’t like a bushy tail! Coyote pelts are beautiful.
Side note to coyote pelt hat, it is a bit worse for the wear as I got in a death match struggle with my 100 pound K9 when I strolled into the shop with it on top of my head thinking I was all that and a bag of chips. Dog did not think it was funny and launched at me/it. I have no words to describe what it is like to be the recipient of a fur missile launch with no bite suit on. 100 scenarios were going thru my head while I awaited the inevitable crash of two bodies, mine and the hounds. I simply did not connect the dots quick enough in my head to the hat. I just saw “the look” and the launch. I can assure you peeing down your leg does not deter a German Shepard.

Thank you Max, I will, I went in and held one for the first time yesterday, been busy, thank you much my friend

Wow, I sure am glad I watched those videos, like him an her I like the gun, but! Not liking there mag well area problem, I bet that mag is wiggling and causing the hang ups and stuff.. I will be watching more videos and look at the ruger.. more time watching videos before I make an investment

-
Back