Guys need ur help

-
you of all people asking this.lol the one who has/ buys/sells all these high dollar ticket items. rofl. just rumpeling your feathers. lol

Lot of variables there Superdart. To a scrap yard, not much. To the guy that has the car that it fits in and he's got lots of money then maybe $10,000. I've sold 340 blocks, with out knowing where the original car was, for $600. I have 3 of those setting here. Your 440 real six pac block i'd plug a number of $1000 on it and that is a conservative figure IMO but you do realize that only a person doing one of those particular cars will hound ya for it.
Small Block

I'm with small block...depending on the condition and your audience...I'd say $100-$2500

I thought there was no such thing as a six pack block. Seems I was told they were the same as the other 440 blocks.What makes 6 pk blocks special? markings or vin?

The only way to know if it's a six pack engine is to match it to a 6 pack car vin. Period.

The block is no different than any other 440 block out there.

A block alone, not more than $700, maybe $1000 if you found the car it belonged to and the person wanted it.

In 70 they used a partial vin 0Axxxxxxxx, so the year is known and the plant which can narrow down the body style, but knowing it was a Charger, RR, etc. can only be found by matching it to an actual car. Some early 69's still had a full vin but not many. This block has a full vin? Have you googled the number? I have found a few cars with a search engine.

I thought the only differences in the 440 6pk blocks were internal. Rods for sure and maybe crank? Until I read this info below, still learning 8)

In 70 they used a partial vin 0Axxxxxxxx, so the year is known and the plant which can narrow down the body style, but knowing it was a Charger, RR, etc. can only be found by matching it to an actual car. Some early 69's still had a full vin but not many. This block has a full vin? Have you googled the number? I have found a few cars with a search engine.

The last one I saw went for $1500 here in a good market.

The only way to know if it's a six pack engine is to match it to a 6 pack car vin. Period.

The block is no different than any other 440 block out there.

A block alone, not more than $700, maybe $1000 if you found the car it belonged to and the person wanted it.

Thanks for clearing that up. That is what I had heard.

I thought the only differences in the 440 6pk blocks were internal. Rods for sure and maybe crank? Until I read this info below, still learning 8)
Its a standard steel crank and the infamous 6 pk rods were in a lot more than only 6 pk cars.

Guys thanks for ur help the guy is passing because the vin is for a 70 so i'm going to build it and put it in my 69 gtx i got merry christmas to all!!!

-
Back