H code 72 duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
No flippers!?? lol So I assume you paid $10,500 for the car?? If you are selling it for more than you paid, that makes YOU a flipper! I find it very hard to believe you paid that much!! :tongue:

you do have a point there???

Sorry to stir everyone up, I am just trying to sell a car I did alot of work to. Flippers I mean someone who does nothing more than pick it up and try to resell it the next day. I feel I have put alot of my own $ and time in this car to get it back to a car it has not been in a long time. Like I said the car will be worth ALOT more in a few years.

Bought it three years ago...Invested his own time and money.....improved the car......This is not a flip.

A guy just wants to sell a car, a really nice car, and some guys just can't help them selves.

This is America. The asking price is always more than the bottom line. If you want to buy it, make an offer. Otherwise don't bash the guy.

Good luck with the sale.

What ever happened with the car?

Maybe still for sale??

BTW- The "no flippers" thing made me laugh! If some one pays you your asking price who cares what they do with it?? Maybe they think they can put an engine in it and make a few dollars. Even though that is probably not the case, but if the dealer/flipper thinks he can...Are you going to turn down his cash?? 8)

I'll give you guys this, your like a pack of hyena's on a dead carcass, lol. It is still for sale. I lost my interest posting it on here, because of the remarks. I have a motor lined up for it, to finish it in the spring. I also have someone in N.C. that is looking to make a trade. Whatever happens I am ok with it, because the car is nice and like the one guy said to finish it, it will be worth alot more. You are all welcome to PM me for private conversations and price.

Hi Craig,
I still have it. I have been driving it around. I put alot more $$ in it and got it turn key now. New 2 1/2" TTi H-pipe exhaust. 323 Posi. New 3/8 fuel line, rebuilt the rear brakes(wheel cylinders, hardware) etc. New driveshaft with the 7290 joints and yokes front and back. date code 727 transmission with a B&M shift kit. I put a date code 71 318 motor in. low miles and original hi compression pistons, with new Lunati cam and lifters, double roller timing chain, windage tray, added the 340 intake and manifolds. re-cored the original radiator and correct fan shroud added. just got a set of front seat covers from legendary this week. Hope to have them in next week. Alot more as well was done.
here are some updated pix.
I would still be interested in any type of trade for a 70 Roadrunner/Satellite or 70 super Bee/Coronet.

Any straight up purchase, I would of course need more $$ than what the original quoted price was.

Attachments

• DSC02990.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC02989.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 374
Glad to see you have brought it together that much nicer! I wish I had the $ it would keep my 1970 Yellow Duster company!! Looks good! I know everybody say's I wish I had the Money! But it's True!! I hope you sell it in the future,or get the trade you want because it is a nice Car!! Craig.

Great looking car.

I wish I would have known about FABO and your car when I bought mine this summer.

I read some of the original replies for this ad, it's a shame people want to beat down a car without looking at it. I feel that does nothing but hurt the value of everyone's cars.

I also lost out on a car this past summer to a "flipper" it was for sale before I could sell my own car to raise the money. The funny thing was the was 3 hours from my house originally...only to be bought by a guy living 1 mile from my home with a price increase well past my budget.

Also glad to see you put a motor in and are now enjoying the car.

Paul

Duster is Sold Sold Sold!!!!!!!

I traded this beauty for a 1968 Formula S convertible car. original 340 4spd car. 1 of 60 made, and it was living a few miles from me for the last 34 years.

Thanks for the advertising FABO.

Attachments

• DSC03943.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC03936.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 212
Duster is Sold Sold Sold!!!!!!!

I traded this beauty for a 1968 Formula S convertible car. original 340 4spd car. 1 of 60 made, and it was living a few miles from me for the last 34 years.

Thanks for the advertising FABO.
looks like all the hard work and time you put into the Duster paid off for you!! Congrats! I hope you are happy with the Cuda. It looks great!!

Problem is, As most of you Cuda guys know. I sold almost my whole inventory of cuda parts over the last 2 years. So if everyone that purchased them, would be kind enough to sell them back to me. It would be very helpful to my new project..

[-( I didn't think so.

Problem is, As most of you Cuda guys know. I sold almost my whole inventory of cuda parts over the last 2 years. So if everyone that purchased them, would be kind enough to sell them back to me. It would be very helpful to my new project..

[-( I didn't think so.

I wouldn't sweat it. IMHO, you totally scored since that Cuda was worth twice to 1 1/2 times the Duster.

Cuda looks pretty complete.

Wow. I can't believe some of the responses. Some of you are still living in the past.

Regardless, let the guy try to sell his car. It's not a bad price for what he's offering. Also, when you're talking about thousands of $'s, these things may take some time to sell. If he sold it within a week, then his price was too low. It's a lose/lose situation. If the OP doesn't sell it because he's asking $10,500, how does that hurt you? Just let the guy sell his car without the criticism. If he's asking too much, he'll figure it out in time.

IMO though, this is where the market is headed. It's not an unreasonable price, flip or not.

Awsome Deal, What matters is that both parties are happy with the deal. Both great looking cars. Congrat's

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back