H pipe vs X pipe

-
the power gain is supposed to be much better but hate the sound of them they sound like some kind of sports car. iv got 3inch. in to 4inch bullets i think im going back to the H that sounds more throatey if that makes sens

the power gain is supposed to be much better but hate the sound of them they sound like some kind of sports car. iv got 3inch. in to 4inch bullets i think im going back to the H that sounds more throatey if that makes sens

Sound is an entirely different issue and a very subjective one.

Mufflers, pipe diameter and so on also affect sound.

My exhaust with x-pipe sounds NOTHING like "some kind of sports car".

I have heard that they will quiet down an exhaust. Is there really any performance advantage? On my little SB I am running headers through 3" mandrel bent and 40 series flowmasters with no H or X pipe.

I have heard that they will quiet down an exhaust. Is there really any performance advantage? On my little SB I am running headers through 3" mandrel bent and 40 series flowmasters with no H or X pipe.
id at least go wit a crossover(h-pipe)it will help ballance the left and right banks,and scavenge better.in one of my books it shows dyno testing with both.the x pipe was worth 11 hp over the h.ive never run an x pipe,dont know how it affects sound.

X-pipe is A LOT better than the H..... we have a 3 inch X-pipe exhaust on our roadrunner. When we changed to this from the stock exhaust with the H pipe we noticed a BIG difference. LET THAT THING BREATH! I have no idea what yer talking about godfather... our car sounds pretty throaty to us... might be the mufflers you're using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2F5_jf7f6w

It quieten my down a lot but it's still pretty loud compared to other stock exhaust systems.

X-pipe is A LOT better than the H..... we have a 3 inch X-pipe exhaust on our roadrunner. When we changed to this from the stock exhaust with the H pipe we noticed a BIG difference. LET THAT THING BREATH! I have no idea what yer talking about godfather... our car sounds pretty throaty to us... might be the mufflers you're using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2F5_jf7f6w
yes sir that sounds very good i like that deep tone.it sounds like this something under the hood.im shour the tail pipes makes a difference mine comes rite of the bullets with turn downs i guess i should have said they sound like 180 degree headers im sure you've herd them.at Idell there good but at 2500 going down the road that sound terrible at 7000 there really bad . i was hoping for a more off the header affect.but yes yours sound sweet!!!!!!!!thats how a mopar should sound.....

yes sir that sounds very good i like that deep tone.it sounds like this something under the hood.im shour the tail pipes makes a difference mine comes rite of the bullets with turn downs i guess i should have said they sound like 180 degree headers im sure you've herd them.at Idell there good but at 2500 going down the road that sound terrible at 7000 there really bad . i was hoping for a more off the header affect.but yes yours sound sweet!!!!!!!!thats how a mopar should sound.....

Thanks a lot! We love our tti exhaust... the fit was perfect and it flows great... doesnt get any better than that! haha

-
Back