Hack me please so I can catch you

-
mmm this thread just reminds me that its about time to reinstall my system and change my passwords

I have been using a new computer that is lauded with walls to catch any threat's, I sure miss my pictures, there on my other computer. Brother Ken can open my AVG and other lines of fire walls one day and see what all was attacking my system, my scanner's are always running and it sure takes a long tome for it to fire up in the mornings.8)
And he up graded my video card so I can enjoy yalls video's :cheers:

My neices husband is an it tech for a big banking organization. He seems to believe some of the most violent viruses out there are creations of the former kgb and they are on their yachts writing code that would boggle our minds. This is why Kaspersky works so well . Its monitored by the same Russians developing spy code. He also subscribes to the illuminati theory though.

My neices husband is an it tech for a big banking organization. He seems to believe some of the most violent viruses out there are creations of the former kgb and they are on their yachts writing code that would boggle our minds. This is why Kaspersky works so well . Its monitored by the same Russians developing spy code. He also subscribes to the illuminati theory though.

8)=P~:happy10: very groovy

Mike, just my advice but the first thing I would do if I wanted to protect my system from being breached is to get away from AVG free edition. I use it on my laptop where I don't care if someone hacks in, because I only use it to browse the internet. You get the protection you pay for, and in this case you're using a basic free edition.

On my desktop that contains all of my personal and banking info I use Kaspersky Anti-virus. It was recommended by a tech guy after my system was crashed a couple years ago. Sure, it costs $30 a year, but I don't have to worry about people hacking into my system either.

Just my two cents. You get the bastards!!

Brother Ken has one that we paid for here on this computer called KASPERSKY and a SUPERANTISPYWARE wall of some kind that detects then destroys is what I am seeing here :happy10:
I can type and read 8) but all these weird things at the bottom of my screen Brother Ken know's about BrianT. But I am learning :happy10:

I have over thirty years in the IT sector including time doing a lot of network and O.S. security and at one time had the distinction of building a UNIX based server environment that was tested by the (former) AT&T Bell labs folks and found to be secure during a 24 security audit. Here is a couple of things I have learned throughout the years:

1. Any system that is connected to a network is susceptible to being breached.

2. The only secure system is one that has no network attachments and controlled access to the console.

3. There is always someone out there smarter than you. Most crackers are dweebs that only try stuff that is published by other folks. The few that are innovative and come up with new things will usually be good enough to not leave any fingerprints and will edit, not wipe the logs.

4. The best gunfighters never go looking for a fight...

5. People that have time to write cracks are worthless idiots who, if really smart, would be working a real job making real money and not trying to live up their imaginary legend status...

Well said. Just a couple more points to add WRT the "contemporary" threat enviroment:

1. If you really are a target with anything valuable on your system, like intellectual property, trade secrets or classified government information, you are not even thinking firewalls, spyware and M$ Windoze. That stuff is not even on the radar screen anymore for serious IT security folks. It's gone waaaay beyond that these days.

2. These type of problems like trojans and tracking cookies speaks more of the hoster's browsing habits than anything else.

I agree, and when Creed uses my computer and goes to facebook or other places I can go to defrag my files and it picks up cookies and unremovable files. is this what you are talking about 340-4spd ?.

Basically yes, but there could be lots of reasons why your defrag can't move some files. Use the browser to manage cookies, cache and stuff like that.

images

Basically yes, but there could be lots of reasons why your defrag can't move some files. Use the browser to manage cookies, cache and stuff like that.
Thank you 340-4spd, I will talk to brother about that :happy10:

, :cheers::cheers::cheers: I give up :happy10:
I don't know chit about computers, I am just getting tired of my files getting looked at and who ever is doing it I will be sure and let you know who it is and let you put the big gun on him/her :happy10: I did get a good laugh out of that picture and quote :happy10::happy10:

The kid might not like it, but I would be thinking more about things like "parental controls" if I were you.

Or Linux.

That would be a tado thing 8) I don't have anyone living here to need that, I thought 8)
I will get that started :happy10::happy10: Thank you 340-4spd :happy10:

Work on eliminating "holes" that people can use to get into your computer. Make sure that your firewall is set up and configured properly. Also, type in ShieldsUp in google, it is by Gibson Research Company. There is a scanner on there that will look for any open ports (which "hackers" use to access your computer.)

Work on eliminating "holes" that people can use to get into your computer. Make sure that your firewall is set up and configured properly. Also, type in ShieldsUp in google, it is by Gibson Research Company. There is a scanner on there that will look for any open ports (which "hackers" use to access your computer.)

I am still learning :happy10: Thank you thejohnnyguy :happy10:

4. The best gunfighters never go looking for a fight...Not looking for a fight just wanting to draw one out like having a deer feeder :happy10:

5. People that have time to write cracks are worthless idiots who, if really smart, would be working a real job making real money and not trying to live up their imaginary legend status...
:neutral: not sure if I took this correctly :neutral: was this directed to me :dontknow:[/QUOTE]

MeMike,

I by no way wanted to reflect negatively on you... You are the victim of a idiot with to much time on his hands...

- Jesse

P.S.- If you really want to get concerned about personal privacy and being intruded on, read this about GPS coordinates being silently embedded in photos being posted:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/technology/personaltech/12basics.html

:neutral: not sure if I took this correctly :neutral: was this directed to me :dontknow:

MeMike,

I by no way wanted to reflect negatively on you... You are the victim of a idiot with to much time on his hands...

- Jesse

P.S.- If you really want to get concerned about personal privacy and being intruded on, read this about GPS coordinates being silently embedded in photos being posted:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/technology/personaltech/12basics.html[/QUOTE]
Thank you, I have a mind of my own sometimes, and it shorts out when it come to reading and writing Jesse. But it's getting better :happy10:
That thread was an eye opener for me, It's amazing the traps we are put in and not know it. So if I wanted to know where my sons are and wife I could have this turned on for my own use, but others could use it to , WOW. Thank you for sharing :happy10:

Brother Ken has one that we paid for here on this computer called KASPERSKY and a SUPERANTISPYWARE wall of some kind that detects then destroys is what I am seeing here :happy10:
I can type and read 8) but all these weird things at the bottom of my screen Brother Ken know's about BrianT. But I am learning :happy10:

haha you sound like me and my knowledge of my car

I can imagine that you might get more attention from malicious people with that post count/ internet visibility, keep fighting the good fight! :happy10:

I agree, and when Creed uses my computer and goes to facebook or other places I can go to defrag my files and it picks up cookies and unremovable files. is this what you are talking about 340-4spd ?.

me?

I am still learning :happy10: Thank you thejohnnyguy :happy10:

Not a problem, I'm learning too! I'm actually halfway through a degree in Information Systems Security and Digital Forensics. Another thing that may help is that (if this person isn't too computer smart) you might be able to get a hold of his/her IP Address, then from there it's amazing what you can find on the internet. There are websites that will show the location of the "hackers" Internet Provider, then you can kinda know what state/city they live in. Get's you that much closer to kicking someone's *** :cheers:

haha you sound like me and my knowledge of my car

I can imagine that you might get more attention from malicious people with that post count/ internet visibility, keep fighting the good fight! :happy10:
Yes. I believe could be my post count, I get pm's from people with 0 post counts, asking if I had or knew something, That's been a long time ago.

I went on a rant when my other computer was being looked at and pictures taken. So I started this thread when I was not happy at all :angry7:
I want to thank everyone that jumped in and understood my problem and helped me with advice :cheers: Thank you all.

I think I want it taken off know though :toothy10:.

I want to thank everyone that jumped in and understood my problem and helped me with advice :cheers: Thank you all.

I think I want it taken off know though :toothy10:.

:) I know just how you feel,

if i may give another two cents of advice...
use a different web brower for different things.
like if you visit any NSFW sites use one browser for that and another browser for any financial things, this will keep cookies/bad websites from tracking everything.

-
Back