Had a good laugh today...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
....was pizza day. Froze a portion of last dough I made. Dough was flat when Ernie tried to shape it. Egg was already hot so we were committed. We like Spinach on the pizza...Egg was cruising along at 700*...only had the air intake open about 75%. Top was getting browned, bottom didn't look like it was cooking. Opened air intake wfo....heard it gulp air....have a 1000* thermometer in it...was WAAAAYYYYY past 1000*....opened the dome of the Egg to find some of the Spinach in flames....Good times...lol...

....was pizza day. Froze a portion of last dough I made. Dough was flat when Ernie tried to shape it. Egg was already hot so we were committed. We like Spinach on the pizza...Egg was cruising along at 700*...only had the air intake open about 75%. Top was getting browned, bottom didn't look like it was cooking. Opened air intake wfo....heard it gulp air....have a 1000* thermometer in it...was WAAAAYYYYY past 1000*....opened the dome of the Egg to find some of the Spinach in flames....Good times...lol...
that gave me a good laugh been there to with my bge

Kinda reminds me of when I was a young kid and the whole family went camping.
All the adults had a role in preparing breakfast over several different camp fires. My grandpa was in charge of fixing fried potatoes.
When we all sat down to eat, one of my uncles complained that the potatoes were burned. My grandpa said, "They ain't burned! The damned fire was so hot I had to drop the potatoes into the skillet from high above it - they're bruised from the fall."
Those are good memories from some great family trips...

-
Back