had dart out today and now i dont any juice at all to engine

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
hey everyone
well it is a beautiful day today and so i pulled the dart from the garage and took her for a 40 minute drive. no issues. got home and went t o start her up and literally - nada. battery has voltage. but turning the key on literally does nothing - no turn over, no chug chug of the engine, no sparky, nada. starter doesnt even spin.

so either seems like a fuse or i jacked a wire somewhere. i noticed my neutral safety switch got hung up so i will swap that but would that prevent the motor from turning. i mean the car is literally silent when i turn the key so power is not getting to the coil/distrib. could it be the ballast or the ignition box?

Def check the neutral safety switch. What do you mean hung up? Try to start car in neutral. Also shift from park to low one and back to park and try to start again. Mine screws up sometimes like that. I will have nothing .

Turn on the key. Take a screwdriver and jump the terminals on the starter relay. If it starts, look at the switch. Or the ignition switch.

easy way like road side quick fix ...
Find the brown wire on the starter relay. Shove a shirt pin through the wire casing. Chassis ground the shirt pin with jumper cable, coat hanger, radio antenna mast, whatever. turn the key to start. If it dont happen the relay is bad. If it does happen the ns switch is bad.

Try shifting like Slappy said. Mine has been doing that lately... I guess its not fully engaged in park. I drop it to N and back into Park and :burnout:
Hope nothing serious.

thanks everyone

i got under the car and saw the brown wire from the starter relay was unhooked. soi grounded that and she fired right up. Gotta love the easy fixes ...

thank you everyone. Have wonderful Easter holiday.

- jason

thanks everyone

i got under the car and saw the brown wire from the starter relay was unhooked. soi grounded that and she fired right up. Gotta love the easy fixes ...

thank you everyone. Have wonderful Easter holiday.

- jason

Wouldn't life be great if all fixes were this easy? Glad to hear, now go out and enjoy Easter, that is an order!

My 64 GT had similar symptoms, it was the main wire coupling on the firewall, the red wire which is the power supply going into the car was melted. I had to by pass the coupling link with some red wire of the same gauge, worked like a charm.

-
Back