Had my Mopar, but I lost it

-

PlymouthsandVolvos

Reaction score
I wish I had joined the site when I still had my Mopar, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy it regardless.

I saved up every penny working two jobs for over a year and finally bought my dream car at the age of 16. She was a 1966 Barracuda, I named her "Christine" (not after the movie, just what came to my mind). I found her at the Turkey Rod Run at Daytona Speedway, one of only two 66 cudas that I had seen after walking around for hours. Over the course of the year I talked the guy down to $3,000 and bought it in Port Orange, Florida. She had been a Florida car her whole life, and I was the third owner. I'm almost 20 now, we had tons of fun and made plenty of cool stories, but unfortunately my life took some crazy turns and I ended up flipping her going 70+ in a crash that I don't recall until mid flight.

Before

Aftermath

Life goes on though, and I'm not letting go of my Mopar spirit. For some reason my other passion is Volvos, don't ask me why, so I plan on picking up a Volvo wagon as my next vehicle, but there is definitely another 1966 Barracuda in my future, no matter how long it may take me.

You should of held on to her - that would have buffed right out.
Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here.

-
Back