Had my tires slit.

-

RustyDusty

Rabid Cross-eyed Opossum!
Reaction score
Our apartment complex just had over 10 car's tires slit. My Durango was one of the lucky 10. Sheesh, just what I needed! :angry7: My tires are only 2 months old!!! Looks like I'll be hitching rides and the bus for a while. :wack:

Anyone have two 31x10.5 15's they're looking to get rid of?

Cheers,
Drake

Our apartment complex just had over 10 car's tires slit. My Durango was one of the lucky 10. Sheesh, just what I needed! :angry7: My tires are only 2 months old!!! Looks like I'll be hitching rides and the bus for a while. :wack: Anyone have some 31x10.5 15's they're looking to get rid of?

Cheers,
Drake

if you were closer ya, bridge stone revo 2's 8/32 tire tread

If my tires were only 2 months old, I would be putting tubes in them.

What a bummer! The bright side is, atleast they didn't steal the car like a recent member had happen here and ruin it!

Would tubes work in a slit tire? or would it bulge through the slit? It's a sidewall slit (obviously) will a patch hold across that with a tube?

If you find a good tire man, yes, a patch will hold, but it will still need a tube. How big are the slits?

They're about an inch and a half long, Basically like a large knife went straight in.

I would put a good quality radial tube in them so quick it would make your head spin.

Well make sure it is a radial tire patch AND a radial inner tube. If not, it will not work. It will not be cheap, but cheaper than new tires.

Here's why I originally changed them:

25332_414763862847_529437847_5224215_1482729_n.jpg

I was doing 70mph on the free way when this happened, lucky to be alive!

Just purchased everything I needed for only $55, not too bad, that put me in a better mood!

Thanks StrokerScamp!

Be glad you don't live out here in Marysville, this went on all summer. Over 120 cars got there tires slashed.

Got a state inspection over there? Just asking because here what StrokerScamp is suggesting would never pass safety inspection.

Yeah, my Durango couldn't pass an inspection if my life counted on it! It's got a fist sized hole in the muffler.

That sucks. Coward punk kids looking to stir up drama! They likely like in your complex so they can sit back and watch the show!!

It's hard to find used off-road tires with any tread left on them. Now days folks use them on street vehicles for looks and run them down to the wires.

I've done a big sidewall patch on a mud tire before (stitched the slash together with bailing wire), put in a tube, but it wouldn't balance and the Scout was geared too low to get over 50 mph, anyway. It lasted longer than the engine, but was all on dirt/mud. Be careful and replace it as soon as you can.

-
Back