Haggerty insurance!!!

-

cowest432

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with HAGGERTY and was wondering were my insurance card was, seems the bolt in roll bar put my car in mod class, I explained it was there when I bought and I will remove it, to late pic's I sent showed the bar,then I guess they checked on drivers in the house and found my wife and dad are drivers and they wanted proof that they have their own cars and copies of insurance cards for each car, I tried to explain they have nothing to do with my car, the wife's car is titled in GA as insurance is and dad is 80 and won't even go near my car and no way would he let me send copy of his insurance card out,, so I said send my check back,, F--K HAGGERTY,, just had to vent.

My car has a full cage in it......they know it is there and they still insured it. I think you will have a problem with any of the collectors insurance as they all want proof of insurance on daily drivers....at least all the ones I spoke with. By any chance do you have State Farm as insurance on your daily driver? If so, might want to talk to them.....

Going off of Inks comment of State Farm for daily driver.

I have all my vehicles insured thru them. When I bought my Scamp, they also insured it for a set value that I picked on the car. I pay on that amount only and if the car ever gets totaled no matter what I will get that full amount. No questions asked. I have to say the insurance is cheap and Im happy with it.

I've looked at some of those Collector Car Insurance companies but have never pulled the trigger on going with them.

Going off of Inks comment of State Farm for daily driver.

I have all my vehicles insured thru them. When I bought my Scamp, they also insured it for a set value that I picked on the car. I pay on that amount only and if the car ever gets totaled no matter what I will get that full amount. No questions asked. I have to say the insurance is cheap and Im happy with it.

I have comp only on it....agreed value.....$15 a year thru SF

yes I do have state farm for cars, how does state farm figure in?

yes I do have state farm for cars, how does state farm figure in?

They will write you an agreed value type of policy on you classic car...at least they do here in Washington state....and they did it for me in AZ as well.....

I have liability/comp coverage on my bike thru them. State Farm, at least here in Washington state, has some goofy insurance rules when it comes to bikes. It is costing me $1.85 a month.....I have questioned my agent several times about it and still don't understand it.....But I have a declarations page that says it is insured....

We've had great luck with Haggerty. We had hail damage last year at the Mopar Nats. With in two hours I had talked with an adjuster, they also pay really well.

I had State Farm for my old cars but they sent me a letter a couple of years ago that needed my signature that I acknowledged that my cars were only insured for travel involved with organized cruises or events, parades and car shows. No pleasure cruising whatsoever. I confirmed with my agent and even checked with a different local agent before switching to Haggerty so I would be covered for just for fun cruises.

That's the first time I have heard anything negative about Haggerty.
I have 2 cars with them. They agreed to 30k an 40k value on them.
Earthquake insurance included,$500 a year. Try touching that any where else.

American Modern Insurance company - 4 cars with full coverage, pick how many miles you want to put on each, $250. yearly for all 4...

The one thing I like about State Farm, no set miles! As for Haggerty, my car isnt highly valued so not sure if that would pay off to switch to.

I have a State Farm and with my 72 Dart with limited miles where I have to record it every 6 months, I am paying 800 a year on the sucker! I am almost 23 but have had zero tickets and zero accidents, now I am goin to call and see why its soooo much compared to you guys.

I think you have to be over 25 yrs old to have collector car insurance

That's what haggerty and heackock classics said but I see these guys payin practically nothing compared to me for state farm, which I feel like I'm being picked out of a crowed for being young

I use American Collector Car Insurance. $120 per year for $15K on the Cuda and $240 per year for $25k on the GTX. Each have 2,500 miles per year limitation,but I never even come close to that.

In NJ, you can't beat these prices!!!

Haggerty rocks!

I wasn't aware State Farm does AGREED value, last time I talked to them it was STATED value, BIG difference.

I've had my Ranchero covered through Hagerty since I bought it a couple of years ago. Never had an issue until I tried to get my wife's Dart last month. I went through the whole process and they kept making me call them to go over a particular thing. Ultimately they basically wanted her Dart to be a trailer queen and live in a garage. Ended up just adding it to my Mercury policy with the same full coverage I have on my 06 Mustang and it only costs me an extra $20 a month. I will be adding my Ranchero once it is running. If you don't really drive your classic car then Hagerty is great. I've had great service with them when needed, otherwise just put it on a normal policy.

My wife's ins went up $50 because my license was suspended for one day because I never got the renewal notice. That was 2 years and 10 months ago, and they are just now charging her extra for the remaining 2 months of the three year period.

Big fat WTF!!

No accident, no moving violation, no fine, to ticket.

The policy is on a car she owns, but is driven by her son, NOT the car I own that she drives.

My ins did not go up for any of the cars I own because of this.

The charge for ANY driver in your house, PERIOD, regardless if you tell them who drives and who doesn't. (at least they do if they find out about them :) )

The problem I've had with State Farm is two-fold.

#1. I seem to pay WAY more than everyone else on the whole damn planet.

#2. When I was doing wreck repairs on HD's, they'd send in an adjuster or two who say stuff like, "well, that bent frame isn't really necessary to be fixed for the guy to ride the bike, so we're not going to pay for it." to which I would have to point out that State Farm got sued (and lost) for not paying to take care of safety issues, in order to get them to fix plainly damaged stuff.

I have progressive, and unfortunately I can only afford to insure vehicles when I drive them, which isn't my A-bodies very often. I wish I could understand how modern automobile insurance isn't age discrimination, gender discrimination, etc....

Just got off the phone with HAGGERTY and was wondering were my insurance card was, seems the bolt in roll bar put my car in mod class, I explained it was there when I bought and I will remove it, to late pic's I sent showed the bar,then I guess they checked on drivers in the house and found my wife and dad are drivers and they wanted proof that they have their own cars and copies of insurance cards for each car, I tried to explain they have nothing to do with my car, the wife's car is titled in GA as insurance is and dad is 80 and won't even go near my car and no way would he let me send copy of his insurance card out,, so I said send my check back,, F--K HAGGERTY,, just had to vent.

Its not uncommon for insurance companies to ask for insurance cards for other drivers in the house.

Try JC Taylor. http://www.jctaylor.com/

I had Hagerty and would've kept them if I didn't switch insurance agents. It was easier for me to have my agent handle all of the policies. I have very similar coverages with JC Taylor as I had with Hagerty. What I liked with Hargerty is they covered my car during the the restoration process. They increased the coverage every 3 months so I didn't have to keep calling them. I thought Hagerty was great to work with and the premiums were very competitive.

-
Back