Handicapped parking, need to vent!

-
"expectant mother" parking there you go, who's going to challenge that?
get a heavy woman who is knocked up and claim she just fat. or some some little chick who barely show. No, no law suit there.

Handicap and pregnant mother parking are 2 different things. Pregnant mother spots are a courtesy the stores think they need to offer, handicap spots are the law! There is no such thing as "more" handicapped or kinda handicapped, only handicapped in the eyes of the law. As for delivery drivers using them, I would bust them every time if I saw that, and report that to the store and the company using crackedbacks method! They are for people with limited mobility and health concerns, not some delivery driver in a hurry!!

I personally welcome the opportunity to educate the obviously uneducated public about the use of courtesy when dealing with issues such as this. If I need to throw the "Nella Trump Card", I will! Nobody seems to want to argue with her when it comes to matters such as this!! Gee, I wonder why???.....

I would just park behind them and block them in and keep your HC tag visible. What are they going to do call the police or tow truck? I would make it a point to create discomfort for them breaking the law.

What might they do? Well...maybe...slash his tires...key his paint...take a dump on his hood...take a baseball bat to his windshield...put water in his gas tank...torch the car...wait for him with a baseball bat...use their beater Suburban to SHOVE his car out of the way, totalling it...

I am not handicapped (thank God) but this really bothers me. Years ago I had 1000 bumper stickers made up saying "handicapped parking only" and keep them in my car and whenever I saw some a**hole parked in the HP spot that did not belong there, I would put one sticker on the drivers window and one in the center of the drivers windshield wiper area. It turned out that the stickers were very hard to remove and watching these a**holes trying to get them off was alot of fun. I used up all 1000 over time and got the point across to many. I never got more because someone told me I could be liable if I put them on a car and the moron drove away with them still on the glass and had an accident.

That will get you arrested in some states...it qualifies as vandalism here!

It is heavily enforced here but the police can't be everywhere all the time. I have seen them give out tickets multiple times at Walmart. Stillwater has no problems issuing a ticket for violation of a handicap parking violation.

Right there is the solution. People need to make a stand and call the police instead of just accepting it. Local police department non-emergency number is 405-372-4171. I have done it and will again.

Tough to enforce it when the dude is an illegal alien, with no license and bogus plates!

Have a camera in your phone?

Take a picture of the vehicle in the spot and a clear shot of the license plate.

Forward that to the corporate office.

I guarantee they won't be pleased!

I take my mom, walks with a cane, to the store all the time and drop her off. When I come back for pickup I use the placard. I've been yelled at by people for parking in the spots. If I see them in the store they are usually pretty embarrassed. I do see lots of abuse with the HP placards.

It's so bad around here that unless the driver is in a wheelchair, I basically figure he/she is scamming the system. The going rate for a placard is about $150...small, used bills, brought to the DMV discreetly wrapped in the paperwork.

-
Back