hanging side mirror

-

stinkbug69

Reaction score
the mirror that is attached to the outside of the driver door just hangs there, i put it in position and then after a couple of miles it ends looking at the ground. can i fix it somehow or do i need to get a new one?

Thanks

Depends on the mirror. Some can be disassembled and tightened......some cant. Post a photo and we'll give you an opinion.

If the mirror has a ball joint, and that is where it is loose, you should be able to remove the mirror by soaking it in gasoline (or some other silicone solvent) overnight.

One the mirror is removed, you should be able to find a way to tighten the joint. If it has rivets, then small shims can be placed to tighten it. Or you can remove the rivets, and replace with some screws. Some have screws and plastic bushing, the bushings rip, and the mirror gets loose - those you just need to get some plastic washers to replace the bushing.

not sure if the ball is exposed on that type, but here's how I did my rearview mirror when it wouldn't stay in place- I put krazy glue on the ball and moved it around (don't want it to actually glue it in place, although you'd be able to break it free anyway). When the glue dries it leaves a nice coating on the ball that will make it stay where it's put.

-
Back