hankook ventus 295-50-15

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this tire? I am not interested in the radial ta's and the only other tires I see are cooper cobra or the ventus. Can order the ventus on line for $130 delivered.

Has anyone tried this tire? I am not interested in the radial ta's and the only other tires I see are cooper cobra or the ventus. Can order the ventus on line for $130 delivered.

Is that for each tire or a pair? The Cooper Cobra is a great tire, made right here in the USA too

I wish it was for a pair. TA's are somewhere around $200 each in that size. Have not really looked at the cooper cobra yet. I imagine they will be close to the price of the hankooks.

I run the Ventus V12's on my performance import cars and like them a lot. I've bought at least 4 sets in the last two years for various cars.

I run Hankooks on Coy C5 wheels on my 61 fins. The tire & wheel sizes are:

18 x 7 4-1/4 Back Spacing – Rim Width 8
235/40/18 HankookVentus V4 ES H105 – Section Width 9.1

20 x 8.5 (4 ¾ or) 5-1/4 Back Spacing – Rim Width 9.5
255/35/20 HankookVentus U4 ES H105 – Section Width 10

Been real happy with the tires

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC00143.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,808
I put some ST 101W's on my Dakota R/T.

I've been very happy with them.

I used to run Khumo Ecsta 711, but those are getting hard to find.

The Hankook's say max psi is 51!
I'm running them at about 40-45.

The Khumo's had a great balance of sticky-ness (traction), treadwear and cost.

The Hankook's seem to be wearing a little faster, but not much.

I lucked into a set of 4 from a wrecked Dakota R/T, still on the R/T wheels for $225. I was ecstatic (is that a pun?), as it was getting to be about time.

Now I have a spare set of wheels to paint body color!

The Ventus are worthless in wet weather. Had them on my buddies auto cross built civic and got squat for traction. My cousin put the Nitto nt555's on his dads 55 Catalina and loves the performance they deliver

Thats the tire we have on the back of the Duster, this tire has a real meaty tread and grabs the road real well.

Bob

Thats what we paid for each tire also ---130.00

Not sure if they are still available but Firestone Indy500s use to come in 295-50-15

I think there are quite a few tires still in that size, Mastercraft avenger g/t, Mickey Thompson sportsman s/t, cooper cobra g/t, Eldorado legend g/t, Hercules H/p 4000, Hooiser quick times, and the mentioned BfGoodrigh, Hankook, and Firestones.

My rear tire of 265/50r15 looks to be a dead size as only old stock and used tires are available. The 275/50r15 is available in a drag radial tires. I'm thinking I might have to buy a pair of the last Hankook ventus h101s in the 265/50 before they are all gone because I love the stance they give me while still fitting the stock wheel wells.

This is the first set of these on the car and we dont have all that many miles on them so I cant really tell you how they wear but I dont drive the Duster except for pleasure so they will last us a long time.

Bob

I just bought a pair of the Hankook Ventus 295-50-15 for $230 with free shipping (today only, the website says) from Discounttires.com :D They'll fit easily in my minitubbed '72 Dart.

I'd have preferred the Mickey Thompson ET Streets in 295-55, which are an inch taller and about 3/4 inch more tread width, but a pair runs $470!

Well my new tires arrived today. I am pretty happy with them. They did not have much runout and needed only 1 ounce of weight to ballance the one and the other was perfect. I static ballanced them as they are only for the rear of the car. Can't wait to take them for a ride but the car needs some clearancing before they will fit.

-
Back