happened after two days.

-

no1newb

Reaction score
so gas prices were down to 2.41 (2.61 for premium) so i filled my gas tank all the way up before driving an hour away to visit a friend and go out on his boat he got for 2 days.

when I came home to a giant bubble and a little gas on the driveway under my gas cap. i think it got so hot over those days, that the gas expanded and dripped out the gas tank. im not very happy about this.

imag0037f.jpg

man that sucks, i had same thing happen to my 68 cuda. i had like 3/4 of a tank and went on a 4 day trip come home and was liek 2inches wide from gas cap to bottom of quater. mine didnt bubble but it has a stain forever now. this was 3 days after i painted it.

Boy that really shouldn't happen... gas evaporates pretty fast. Is there fresh paint work in the area? Single stage or bc/cc?

i dont think the vent works (i really need to fix it so i can get a more secure seal on the gas cap without having engine problems, like i did a couple months ago). and no, the paint has been on it for years, (mabe 14?) i have only had it for a year and the guy before me had it for like 12, i think and i dont think he had it painted.

I have never seen gas eat away paint like that. At best maybe a little fade in the gloss was about all. Did someone maybe put something in your tank or tamper with the car. About the only chemical without a noxious odor that does damage like that would be brake fluid. Never seen anything like that around a gas cap!!
Chas.

-
Back