Happy Bill and Ted day!

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
6/9
5mxk2sn.gif

It's from the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," starring Keanu Reeves and some blonde guy whose name escapes me. I always enjoyed it personally, the funniest history report ever! A cameo appearance from George Carlin (who was also in the "Awesome Journey" sequel) makes it a winner in my book.
Be Excellent To Each Other. < grin >
Some on here could watch it and pick up a life's lesson ..........

Last edited:
It's from the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," starring Keanu Reeves and some blonde guy who's name escapes me. I always enjoyed it personally, the funniest history report ever! A cameo appearance from George Carlin (who was also in the "Awesome Journey" sequel) makes it a winner in my book.

Ahh I see..Not much of a Movie buff.Thanks for clearing up my fog:thumbsup:

Ahh I see..Not much of a Movie buff.Thanks for clearing up my fog:thumbsup:

You now live near where much of the movie was shot - the Circle K (no longer a Circle K) was in Tempe, the exterior of San Dimas High School was shot in Scottsdale, the interior of the auditorium was shot in a demo'd school (that I believe was replaced by a senior living place) near 51 and 101, the mall was the Metro Center mall (though the ice rink and ice cream parlor are long gone), and "Waterloo" the water park is in Mesa just off the 60...

It's a fun movie from the late 80s, and '69' plays an important role in a key part of the dialog.

(and it was more than just a cameo, Leanna - Carlin was Rufus!)

Speaking of movies they shut down the 303 this weekend to film the latest Transformers movie.

... (and it was more than just a cameo, Leanna - Carlin was Rufus!)

Yes, you're soooo right, he was a much bigger part of the plot than my write up led one to believe. Thank you.

I always thought the water park scene was Raging Waters near San Dimas, California where the 10 / 210 and 57 [?? been awhile] freeways met. Even at this late juncture, I learned something new!:thumbsup:

It might be June 11th, but thanks for Being Excellent. << wink >>

I always thought the water park scene was Raging Waters near San Dimas, California where the 10 / 210 and 57 [?? been awhile] freeways met. Even at this late juncture, I learned something new!:thumbsup:

It might be June 11th, but thanks for Being Excellent. << wink >>

Yeah, that was the natural thing to think, since it was set in San Dimas. I only learned that most of it was shot around Phoenix when we moved here.

Here's a fairly extensive list - there are others (including one that explains why I can't ID the auditorium at "San Dimas High" (Coronado High in Scottsdale - it was demo'd during a big remodel a few years back - I did get to drive by and see it once when it was still recognizable): Bill & Ted's Excellent Online Adventure - The Movies - Excellent Adventure - Filming - Locations

One of the links said they shot some mall exteriors at the PV Mall (which is about 1/2 mile from our house), but they didn't make the cut.

It's from the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," starring Keanu Reeves and some blonde guy whose name escapes me. I always enjoyed it personally, the funniest history report ever! A cameo appearance from George Carlin (who was also in the "Awesome Journey" sequel) makes it a winner in my book.

The blonde guy's name is Alex Winter. He isn't much known outside the Bill & Ted franchise, though he did play one of Kiefer Sutherland's vampire buddies in The Lost Boys. He also directs, and he's currently working on a Frank Zappa biopic. Oh, and supposedly they're working on Bill & Ted 3.

-
Back