Harbor fright

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i just was given 2 harbor freight plasma cutters that my dad bought at an auction for cheap, both look dang near new but don't work, part of the problem is I think they're missing some parts. Does anyone have a parts list or a website that sells parts for them? I've found several sites via google that sell the consumables but I'm needing internal parts like the regulators

You may be able to find the manual online. Perhaps HF website? That may give you clues for where to look.

Good luck getting parts. Planned obsolescence is how they make their money. I have a good cordless 1/2" drive impact from them that is useless because they stopped selling replacement batteries for them years ago. Stock up on consumables NOW if you plan on keeping it a good long while.

I went in to harbor to buy a sandblast cabinet. noticed it was missing some parts. asked if they had the missing parts-no. now if someone bought it that did not notice the missing parts...

HF tools are mostly junk - as stated above, planned obsolescence. If you can't combine the two and make one good one, you may have just inherited a bunch of scrap metal.

Good luck getting parts. Planned obsolescence is how they make their money. I have a good cordless 1/2" drive impact from them that is useless because they stopped selling replacement batteries for them years ago. Stock up on consumables NOW if you plan on keeping it a good long while.
Normally yes but from what I've found, there's a company in Italy that actually builds them and components for several other big names such as Lincoln and miller, looks like I can get parts directly from them

HF tools are mostly junk - as stated above, planned obsolescence. If you can't combine the two and make one good one, you may have just inherited a bunch of scrap metal.
I've found the majority of their hand tools get the job done just fine. Plus, with a lifetime warranty on a lot of their hand tools planned obsolescence isn't really a factor. They make no money when you replace them on a warranty

I got burned that way once... a small pancake air compressor really cheap because it only makes 20 psi. Turns out it has a PLASTIC ring on the compressor piston - and it's not a serviced part, period. What a POS.
So now I use it to pressurize jugs of transmission fluid at 3 psi (squirts it into the trans through a hose).

Just look at the pcb for a burned component usually the mosfets blow and are $8/pc online. None are built by HF, always contracted out to cheapest supplier. Most can be found online painted a different color as only difference.

-
Back