Hard Blok for 340 Stroker

-

SBeeMan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm building a 340 +.040 with 4.125 stroke crank,drag race only. Plan to use a girdle with studs on the mains. From what I read the 340 blocks are somewhat thin to start with. I'm thinking I should pour it with Hard Blok,full pour. Anyone used it in their builds? Use a full pour or less? Thanks

i have never done that. but my idea is could you fill only the top 2-3". then drill the stock water holes? a not so interesting side note. back when i played with the chrysler 354 and 392 hemis. i saw an artical in a magazine that showed a guy that found that head on the 392 had spot above the ext port inside the head. that he drilled a hole in front of the head. that let him put a tube throu the head front to rear, and push water to cool the ext port.

how about a good sonic check? that's where I'd start.

I'm still looking for someone in my area that sonic checks. I'm just wondering if it's not best to go ahead and pour it even after a sonic check. Never gonna see the street,so I'd think it would have to help keep everything more stable. No one here doing it now?

I got a 360 block filled to a little under the water pump holes when viewed with each deck horizontal. It was a bit much because I have to closely watch and time the water temp so it doesn't get too warm when I get to the lanes and the starting line. Oil get's hot quick too. I can tell by the oil pressure. I had my next engine done with less, but don't recall the exact measurement. But even a 1/2 fill is suppose to be helpful and should make an obvious difference in controlling water and oil temps over what I did.

Race only - I'd got with a 3/4 fill. Ignore the sonic check if you fill it.

Thanks Moper,That's kinda my thought too. If the block checked thin I'd have find a replacement,all I got is big block stuff.

There's no "special" blocks in any displacement - so you have to test them if you are relying on the wall integrity in a race build or stroker application. Hard block removes the wall flex so you don't need to worry so much.

-
Back