Hard Time Hemi Dart

-

tribe_of_dan

Reaction score
Building a 1968 Hemi Dart clone/tribute car.
I will update this thread from time to time but if you are interested in following on instagram, the account is @hard_time_hemi_dart

IMG_3246.jpg

Is that the dart that was listed by a rather big name builder for sale on ebay? If so I am glad someone decided to finish it. Good luck on the build.

Do they allow old people on instagram?
Clone and tribute sound so hollow.
If your car is close, can we use "recreation"?

I agree. I would say "clone" but I'm departing from exact reproduction in one or two areas. Perhaps I'll start saying "recreation!" :rolleyes:

Is that the dart that was listed by a rather big name builder for sale on ebay? If so I am glad someone decided to finish it. Good luck on the build.

Yes I would say so. Car was started by Mopars bu Mosher in Cali. They've done a great job so far.

Car came with an original cast steel bell housing 2463236. Used in early B-Body HEMIs and 68 Darts and Barracudas.

IMG_3421.jpg

I think you did good. I am surprised Mosher's didn't finish it. Bet there is an interesting back story behind this one.

I think you did good. I am surprised Mosher's didn't finish it. Bet there is an interesting back story behind this one.

There is. The original owner gave up on the project half way to pursue another car (a Max Wedge light weight with racing history).

This Dart was clones of a real LO23 that was in the shop at the same time so it's apparently extremely accurate.

Going to run the 1966-69 B-body front 11" disc brakes that came with the car. I really like the Bendix 4-piston calipers.

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

Mopars by Mosher huh? Surprised they even touched a '68, let alone a' 68 A Body! Good guys over there.

In for updates!

Mopars by Mosher huh? Surprised they even touched a '68, let alone a' 68 A Body! Good guys over there.

In for updates!
Yeah I'm not sure they still do them anymore. There was an original Silver LO23 there and they cloned this one off that one.

-
Back