Hardest thing i ever had to do

-
Prayers sent. Those are touching photos of your folks, right away I could picture them as a young, fun loving couple.

My wife and I were with her Dad at a hospice in July as his liver cancer condition worsened. I had to leave late Sunday morning, and my wife was at his side when he passed away later that afternoon, July 17th, 2011.

Losing people reminds us that every day is a gift. It appears that you have had a great relationship with your parents, and that they both lived long and happy lives - what a blessing! My son-in-law's Father passed away at a relatively young age three years ago, I couldn't imagine being only 26 years old and losing my Dad like that. Be thankful for the memories, nobody can ever take those away from you!

It is never easy to let go of those we love, but when they are suffering with no chance of recovery it is very hard to watch helplessly. I feel for you.

Praying for you and yours. God bless.

Thank you ALL for your words of comfort & prayer:prayer:After a long day at the hospice it's relieving to come home and read all your responces.He's in the sleep stage breathing 100% oxygen and no other meds.The nurses come in every 15 to 20 minutes to check on him to make sure there is no pain.I'm the one that needs to be medicated:compress: I know Mom is at the gate waiting for his arrival.:angel11:

Again, sorry to read hemi-itis, but glad to read the nurses are ensuring that he is pain-free. And yes Mom is watching over waiting to be reunited.....

Sorry to read that Hemi But 4spddragtop is right More prayers for you and your famiy

Just went through this myself in April. Both my parents are now gone. My heart goes out to you. This is the worst of times. Stay strong - you aren't alone. Prayers to your father, you, and your family.

Prayers for you.....I lost my mom in 2004. Reading all these posts has made me teary eyed.I pray that you will be ok thru this.
Andrew/Kidd

Again, sorry to read hemi-itis, but glad to read the nurses are ensuring that he is pain-free. And yes Mom is watching over waiting to be reunited.....
As you were reading my last post I recieved "the call" from the hospice,Pop passed peacefully in his sleep.My older brother is up from the south and my younger brother lives local,we all arrived back at the hospice at the same time.Once again I feel the need to thank you all for helping me find the strength to deal with my situation.:prayer:

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 113
Sorry for your loss and prayers sent.

My uncle passed away about 2 months ago from the similar thing, he was almost 50. It was pretty rough to see him in pain all the time, I get comfort knowing that he doesn't have to suffer anymore.

Sorry for your loss, here on this earth we are saddened ... but think of the rejoicing that is going on in heaven ..... I can only imagine what a happy reunion it is when one of the good ones gets to go home. ..... Prayers for you and your family......

Thoughts and prayers are with you !!! Just find comfort with your HOSPICE caregivers,they are awesome people with your families best interest at heart,letting Loved ones go with peace and dignity !! Been there on 4 different occasions,and have found comfort from all four !!!:angel7::angel7:

Sorry for your loss and prayers sent for the whole family. Your a good man and have done all you can for your parents.

Deepest Condolences on the loss of your Dad. He is no longer in pain and is now in the kingdom of heaven. Prayers sent.

-
Back