Harland Sharpe Rockers

-

whitey

Reaction score
I always thought Harland Sharpe was a real good quality roller rocker. I just heard they were bought out and became junk. Anyone recently buy these?

That would be new to me. Randy Becker (Harland Sharp's nephew) and family own/run Harland Sharp since the '80's and I've talked to them at the races last year. I got 2 sets of rockers earlier this year and was in contact with Randy jr.

http://www.harlandsharp.com/history.htm

I ran them on my W-2 Challenger years ago. Thousands of runs and took a beating from other stuff breaking, but never had a problem.

They dont last forever, thats why they have the warranty unlike other equally as good off brand needle bearing rockers that cost half as much if not a 1/3 as much.

I think they're over priced, but gotta remember the warranty...

I've never heard of issues beyond the needles coming out but I've never seen it first hand. IMO, no worse a record than any quality rocker that is used and abused. Some guys can break anything if they try hard enough...lol.

I've never heard of issues beyond the needles coming out but I've never seen it first hand. IMO, no worse a record than any quality rocker that is used and abused. Some guys can break anything if they try hard enough...lol.

Harland Sharp use to use actual needle bearings, like a u-joint, but they have had caged rollers for years. I've experienced and seen some flat-spotting on the roller tips, but after a lot of use, and the only time I've seen one snapped in 1/2 is when someone clearanced the underside a lot for oversized springs. (I've found beehives work well while avoiding clearance issues.)

I talked to Randy Jr last week - they are still family owned and operated

Nice people.

I built a CJ5 Jeep w/ a healthy 304 and used the HS rockers. Sold it to a freind 8 years ago. It's still running like a swiss watch!

-
Back