Harley's "NEW ELECTRIC" motorcycle

-
Heard about it earlier, today.

Rest assured it's going to happen, sooner or later.

Tree huggers are pushing hard to put internal combustion engines on the endangered list. If they get their way, the practice run they had a few years ago with the "Cash for Clunkers" program will become a routine practice.

I hope it doesn't happen in my life time, but I'm pretty sure, if you're under 30 years old, it will happen in your life time.

Well Frankie I am 53 so we both might make it before we have to "cashin" our muscle cars, but I think that's coming as well, that "Harley" only has a range of 53 miles, not sure but other than running around town it's pretty useless as far as I am concerned, and my best guess seeing as that it's a Harley it will probably be about 30 grand as well....I was curious to see what kind of reaction people would have on here...Look at what Big Daddy is doing with his "Electric" swamp rat...sheees

Well Frankie I am 53 so we both might make it before we have to "cashin" our muscle cars, but I think that's coming as well, that "Harley" only has a range of 53 miles, not sure but other than running around town it's pretty useless as far as I am concerned, and my best guess seeing as that it's a Harley it will probably be about 30 grand as well....I was curious to see what kind of reaction people would have on here...Look at what Big Daddy is doing with his "Electric" swamp rat...sheees

There are also electric F1 cars in development, and an increase of hybrids development is happening.

Fossil fuels, while still abundant are being slowly phased out, even thought "green" replacements for them are nowhere near ready for market, nor anywhere near being able to replace the capacities.

Presently, there is no replacement for fossil fuels, unit for unit. That doesn't seem to bother the environmentalist wackos who would push us, prematurely, into the use of green technologies.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need, and the inevitability, I don't understand the rush. Green technologies will happen, and will eventuality replace the use of fossil fuels, it's just not there yet. It's the type of thing where we will have to have both technologies coexist for a number of decades before the fossil fuel technology can be retired, but that doesn't seem to suit the environMental Nazis.

We don't have the green technologies, AND we don't have the infrastructure to take advantage of that technology, even if it was efficient enough to replace fossil fuels.

Anyway, it's a sure bet that sooner or later electric cars and Harley's will be the norm, and the gas powered stuff will be museum pieces. The hard core "I'll drive my gas powered car, anyway" guys will come to know the advent of $100 per gallon gas, exorbitant registrations cost, and insurance costs (if it's still legal, at all to run a gas or diesel powered vehicle in the future).

"O brave new World".

I got no problem with electric vehicles. In fact, I welcome and embrace them. The problem I have is gubmint trying to force the issue when the technology is not there.

OY, Um, Er, oh nevermind. I was going to point out that having practical technology and feasible usefulness never stopped a legislation before, but we all know that.

Now instead of being loud, heavy and expensive, Harleys are gonna be quiet, heavy and expensive. Plus, you won't be able to ride far enough away from the laughter.

There are also electric F1 cars in development, and an increase of hybrids development is happening.

Fossil fuels, while still abundant are being slowly phased out, even thought "green" replacements for them are nowhere near ready for market, nor anywhere near being able to replace the capacities.

Presently, there is no replacement for fossil fuels, unit for unit. That doesn't seem to bother the environmentalist wackos who would push us, prematurely, into the use of green technologies.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need, and the inevitability, I don't understand the rush. Green technologies will happen, and will eventuality replace the use of fossil fuels, it's just not there yet. It's the type of thing where we will have to have both technologies coexist for a number of decades before the fossil fuel technology can be retired, but that doesn't seem to suit the environMental Nazis.

We don't have the green technologies, AND we don't have the infrastructure to take advantage of that technology, even if it was efficient enough to replace fossil fuels.

Anyway, it's a sure bet that sooner or later electric cars and Harley's will be the norm, and the gas powered stuff will be museum pieces. The hard core "I'll drive my gas powered car, anyway" guys will come to know the advent of $100 per gallon gas, exorbitant registrations cost, and insurance costs (if it's still legal, at all to run a gas or diesel powered vehicle in the future).

"O brave new World".

Ferrari is standing up to the FIA. They are threatening to drop out of f1 due to all the efficiency bs. It isn't making a huge statement right now since Ferrari isn't doing to hot. It's happening though and some like it, others like me miss the good old days. Harley can do what they want, I don't think it will be a big hit and I for one would never own a bike.

OY, Um, Er, oh nevermind. I was going to point out that having practical technology and feasible usefulness never stopped a legislation before, but we all know that.

Now instead of being loud, heavy and expensive, Harleys are gonna be quiet, heavy and expensive. Plus, you won't be able to ride far enough away from the laughter.

Now that is funny. But will they still be wearing their $8 swap meet helmets, leather vests and chaps? HD is going to have to come up with a new wardrobe line for their E-bike riders.

I would be interested in one of these if the price is right. I commute roughly 11 miles each way to work. So i could prob ride it and recharge it once a week. This would be an ideal commuter bike for me. Now if it ends up costing $30k because of the bar n shield logo, forget it.

I`m going electric. somewhat.
I`ll be rockin this badboy soon.

I`m not walking a mile a day at this damn jobsite I`m on. Not after 10 hr days welding/fitting in 90+ heat.

Attachments

• E300S_Product.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 232
I`m going electric. somewhat.
I`ll be rockin this badboy soon.

I`m not walking a mile a day at this damn jobsite I`m on. Not after 10 hr days welding/fitting in 90+ heat.

Lol. I know that is extreamly practicle and efficient. However I am loling picturing a pipe fitter riding around on that.

If they were actually serious.. they would make a hybred truck that got 50 mpg under load...rather than these cars that will only carry a change of mind...

Solar / Air energy is not commercially viable and that harley , if bought here, would essentially be burning coal... because that is how we produce energy...

Lol. I know that is extreamly practicle and efficient. However I am loling picturing a pipe fitter riding around on that.
Ha, I`m one of them lightweight 150lb welders, and all those guys can laugh all they want, as I go by at 15 mph to their 3. Even all the formen have to walk too. I told the guy/forman I`m working with about them and he`s waiting to see if it will haul his big butt around. 210 lbs. Told him I doubt it even though its rated for 200lb. He would have to upgrade to a bigger more expensive one.
I may have to push it on some of the hills there, we`ll see.
They make some nice ones and some can go 55mph, big bucks though, 4k, no way;)

Now that is funny. But will they still be wearing their $8 swap meet helmets, leather vests and chaps? HD is going to have to come up with a new wardrobe line for their E-bike riders.
chaps will just be worn assless, and vests without a shirt underneeth... Hmm sounds like one of the village people!

[ame]http://youtu.be/JscQXDsSgco[/ame]

What will they do with all the "loud pipes saves lives" stickers??

Do you thinks the Japanese will copy these Harley's too haha ? Sorry, but I just can't see this really happening, if you said Honda, yeah that I could see, I'll believe it when I see it! Let me guess are they naming it the volt?

It will be recorded on a cd for old time sakes.

lol, have a friend with a sail boat, and he's recorded the sound of a number of well mechanically adorned cars that he plays back to give him the illusion that he's got an engine in that damned thing. It's was a criteria for getting me to go along with him. lol

The EPA has gotten so bad the new diesels are said to put out cleaner air than what goes in. They told us this when they started the DEF with them. It does have alot of failures because of this and they are in the shop alot more than the old units. The lack of sulfur is also very hard on the fuel pumps.

If they do every sell it the price will no doubt be typical for Harley.....wonder what would have happened to Harley if the infamous "tariff" never happened?????

-
Back