Harmonic balancer rebuilding

-

65Valiant_NC

Reaction score
Anyone ever had a harmonic balancer rebuilt? I had a buddy ask me about a company out there called Damper Doctors. Of course he was looking to get one done on some heavy equipment he has. I looked at the site but I've always had balancers in good condition laying around if I needed one. Any thoughts?

They can be rebuilt but it takes specialized equipment. You have to know the proper spring rate of the elastomer, press and tooling to install the elastomer, and a balancer to correct balance. Typically, you can never get the timing marks realigned because there put on after the damper is manufactured. 65'

They can be rebuilt but it takes specialized equipment. You have to know the proper spring rate of the elastomer, press and tooling to install the elastomer, and a balancer to correct balance. Typically, you can never get the timing marks realigned because there put on after the damper is manufactured. 65'
I had that thought in the back of my head about the timing. I believe he told me the balancer was around $650 new so that is what prompted the possibility of the rebuild.

I had that thought in the back of my head about the timing. I believe he told me the balancer was around $650 new so that is what prompted the possibility of the rebuild.
650$ for what kind of balancer?

Jake

Damper Doctor is the one I know of.... I've no clue if they would know the right materials for a CAT crank, or what frequency range needs to be damped for that use/crank. They do list a heavy equipment section....

-
Back