Has anybody out there?

-

beastie340

Reaction score
Has anybody out there seen,know of, heard a rumor about ,have a source ,seen anywhere, had a dream about. Where I can get ahold of the measurments and or even better a template for cutting the rear quarter panels on my 69 Dart just like I mean exactly like the ones on the L023 68 SS Darts.

I've tried all the places I could think of. Of course the couple of places that
build clones of them act like it's some old family recipe (won't mention any names like SS and AF$ or &ramer). Mopar Performance just said I dunno. Bought their book, nothin in there about it. Decent book but more about engine,chassis and Barracuda's

Would really appreciate it if anyone can help. I've made up my mind already after a great deal of thought about this and I just really like the look clearance etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

There is supposed to be someone on bigblockdart.com that sells templates. Hopefully someone will be able to post more info for you. Jeff

This is vague and may be of no help at all, but here goes. Racked my poor brain and the best that I can remember is a 1" lip of quarter panel around the inner wheelwells on my '68. Didn't pay much attention to those types of details, I was more concerned with keeping the brown organic matter cleaned out of the floor and off the seats. Besides, it WAS the 70's. Hope this helps.

Thanks I see what you mean, nothing artsy about it they just followed the inner fender well radius plus one inch.
If I'm picturing what your saying correctly that is.

I know this is an old thread but it came up when I did a search. I can get the templates to cut the quarters like the 1968 Super Stock A-bodies, but then what? Do I need to "roll" the freshly cut lip under? Do I leave it alone and just prime and paint it? If I need to "roll" it, do the templates take this into account or do I need to leave extra metal for that? Never seen a SS car in person and the pictures aren't clear enough. Thanks to all for any help.

The quarter panel metal diverges from the wheel well metal as you move up from the opening. Every original SS car that I have ever seen at the track had the wells opened up beyond the factory opening size to fit fat weenies under there. You definitely need to weld the quarter steel to the wheel well steel or they will flap in the breeze.

Thanks, guys. Fishbreath, I did not know that little detail about the inner and outer panels seperating after the cut. I'l watch for that and weld them up. Joe, you have come thru again. I think the lip in those pictures of the rear quarters is just what I was looking for. Thanks again, all.

-
Back