Has anybody used this alternator bracket kit on a small block with electric water pump?

-
I have that kit but not with a electric water pump, its a very nice kit if you have ARP bolts the shoulders are a bit bigger then the opening on them, I just shaved the shoulder down a bit and it worked perfectly.

20190310_142757.jpg

You are running the billet Moroso electric pump right? If so you will have to make custom spacers (you probably already know that and already have them with what you’re currently running?) like I did in order for the alternator pulley to line up with the other pulleys. The spacers I made (2) when placed against the Moroso water pump replicated the thickness of the oem style water pump bolt mount bosses. I used reproduction steel alt brackets.
Picture is of the two black spacers I made installed on the respective bolts which I had to source as those two long Moroso Allen head bolts were then too short using the spacers.

I have CVF pulleys, really nice stuff.

[SOLD] - Moroso Electric SB Water Pump

6E60E909-B4EF-4F79-8196-DC9F700D52F8.jpeg

Here are a couple of best pictures I currently have of the cobbled setup I have. Had nothing but problems with it. Looks a hair different now with couple different spacers, but still junk belt pitcher, it’s flexing, and when I tighten up the slide, it won’t stay square. Flimsy.

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0002.jpeg

Those are some loooong spacers and loooong bolts! And those brackets are pretty thin looking. No wonder it flexes. What @Matts440 shows looks pretty beefy to me. Mock it up, line the pulleys up, measure and cut spacers (for the pump and bracket, as well as for the alternator bolt to head spacers) probably will end slinging the belt

C16B5F01-CBEF-4D7B-9AAB-7E4976F793FC.jpeg

Those are some loooong spacers and loooong bolts! And those brackets are pretty thin looking. No wonder it flexes. What @Matts440 shows looks pretty beefy to me. Mock it up, line the pulleys up, measure and cut spacers (for the pump and bracket, as well as for the alternator bolt to head spacers) probably will end slinging the belt

View attachment 1716113116

that’s my plan…
signed,
trailerless in Michigan :BangHead:

'Check out Chapperformance.com , before purchasing from CVF. I have both and Chap's is a much nicer bracket, Ebay $ 83.00 and free shipping.

thanks!

March makes a nice looking kit too, bit more money though
You are running the billet Moroso electric pump right? If so you will have to make custom spacers (you probably already know that and already have them with what you’re currently running?) like I did in order for the alternator pulley to line up with the other pulleys. The spacers I made (2) when placed against the Moroso water pump replicated the thickness of the oem style water pump bolt mount bosses. I used reproduction steel alt brackets.
Picture is of the two black spacers I made installed on the respective bolts which I had to source as those two long Moroso Allen head bolts were then too short using the spacers.

View attachment 1716113074

thanks, that helps a ton. I do have some spacers, may need to grab several more to get exact thickness needed. Local owned hardware store near my work has a nice selection.
where did you find the bolts?

Try copying and pasting the link.

i found it, soon as you click on details, it’s goes to **** sites, looks creepy, malicious software.
any of the three will be a HUGE upgrade over the junk hodgepodge I have.
I am getting all dressed up and no place to go..still waiting on insurance company to decide what they are going to do about my stolen trailer.
Holding out hope to make it to the NMCA event weekend after this one, one way or another.

where did you find the bolts?
I know I ordered them on the Internet. They were stainless, pretty sure I found the size needed from a bolt vendor on Ebay but can’t remember for certain. Wasn’t locally I know that. And I used a hacksaw on the spacers held in a vice to cut to size. Took a while to saw them down but I managed to get em square. A band saw or even a sawzall would have been better as my arm was wore out afterwards.

Last edited:
Found some old pictures of when I was initially mocking up the Moroso pump.,You can see my alternator was closer to the head using factory style steel brackets and the two groove CVF crank pulley. How much spacer you need may be different depending on what crank pulley and belt groove is being used perhaps.

C54EFC5D-5A9B-40F3-8E64-F808BAB157B5.png

F0DAFED4-A675-4ADC-85D9-65D88955DA5A.png

Found some old pictures of when I was initially mocking up the Moroso pump.,You can see my alternator was closer to the head using factory style steel brackets and the two groove CVF crank pulley. How much spacer you need may be different depending on what crank pulley and belt groove is being used perhaps.

View attachment 1716113571

View attachment 1716113572
Yea, I am currently using the outside crank and alternator pulley’s, not the inside ones.
Just have to mess with it. What I hope doesn’t happen is I have to source something after I have it apart and if I get the chance to race that derails it.
But even if I had trailer situation fixed, I am not going to the track again with current bracket setup, so I guess it will be what it will be

I ended up using a power master bracket on mine. When I had an moroso belt driven water pump setup I had moved my alternator to the left side of the motor. I never moved it back once I went to a fully electric pump. I originally had a cobbled together setup and got tired of throwing belts, so I bought the power master bracket. I am using a power master denso style alternator.

I believe it was this one.
Powermaster 875 Powermaster Alternator Brackets | Summit Racing

I have a power master 1 wire alt. There was a guy on Summit‘s site who had pretty much the same setup as me who used the bracketsMarch sells. So I bought that kit, plus I will have it tomorrow. Helps so I can get on it in case I can race soon.
Insurance company called today wanted VIN # of trailer, that can’t be bad news I don’t think.

I have that kit but not with a electric water pump, its a very nice kit if you have ARP bolts the shoulders are a bit bigger then the opening on them, I just shaved the shoulder down a bit and it worked perfectly.

View attachment 1716112907
You guys have much nicer stuff than I do. My stuff is junk compared to y'alls. Your stuff looks really nice.

It's raining right now. But if they open I'll be there.

I love mine. It's been very reliable and it looks good too. No complaints.

Little tough to see but here's mine going back together

20220416-150223.jpg

View attachment 1716113074
I need 3 6.5 inch long Allen headed cap bolts… 3/8 16
kit came with 5.5 inch ones, need longer, and they seem hard to find.
probably see where March sourced what came with it from. Seen several 6 inch ones, but not 6.5 so far like what I need.
It is gonna line up nice though when all is said and done.

-
Back