Has Anyone Actually Sold a Vehicle on This Site?

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Kinda of a partial rant as the tire kickers have exhausted me.
FABO is a great option and know the base is lmited but i am zero for six here.lol

I bought a beautiful 70 duster off this site and the transaction went off perfect .

This world has way more cars for sale than buyers with $ ready to spend.

And then you take price, I figure 98% of the cars on CL are priced 2-3 more than they will ever bring. Car prices on enthusias facebook sites, are generally and somewhat real world and here, FABO? IF the seller really has a grip on the real world, prices are always jacked up to allow for haggling... but not always outrageous.
And it usually takes time to find the right buyer. The right ar for the right buyer, located in the area of the buyer.

I sold a 66 dart and bought a 69 Dart both on this site. Both were perfect transactions.

Well, I sold my 66 for less then it was probably worth, and I paid less then what my 69 was probably worth. Not going to get rich selling old cars, not here for sure.
Oh no, you sold the '66 for just the right price...

And I'm happy to have it! :D

I am going to attempt to sell a motorcycle here in a couple weeks!

Wish me luck!

I can barely sell parts that i GURANTEE are without any issues on this site ... I just spoke to a friend of mine stating if you price the parts to low sometimes that prevents people from buying the part .... he raised his prices at a swap meet and sold all the parts ????? go figure .... Cars .... not so much luck ..... but then again this is an A body site ..... Fords and Volare Roadrunners are not a fan favourite

I sold my 63 Dart and my 65 Coronet on here. Both went off without a hitch.

Nice x2. Must be me.

I don't think it is. You're active enough on here that everybody knows you're a straight up dude. I get the feelin you'd help anybody best you could. Sometimes things just take time.

It's a great site to sell on...... So you ask OP as to why your cars aren't selling? Well, the good news is their is an $%^ for every seat but something is getting in the way. You are either priced out of the market, not in the correct region, or modifications have been made that are very specific and takes the right person to either accept it or has the ability/ willfulness to make a change. It's that simple. This is no different than selling anything else really.

I have done countless transactions here and they have went great and if there was a problem I do what is needed to correct it or just offer a refund. I sold a car on here earlier last year with a Title problem and did not realize it and in the end it was resolved or it would be rotting in my back yard and the buyer refunded and then some. That's an example of how you "sell well" on the site.

Just curious, provide a link to the car you have for sale.....

JW

I sold a 73 Duster that I bought from a FABO member, to another member. There's a build thread going on it on the board.

Hey Jackie, do you have the link to the car? I would be curious to see what happens to it...... Looking back now I should have kept that one and just sold the H code car.......

JW

car sites abound with people looking for bargain parts to resell on ebay or at Carlyle with huge markups

I sold the black 66 Cuda here, the grey 66 Cuda here, and helped another member buy a car here!!

Old saying: If you have something (anything) to sell, if you advertise it properly for a reasonable amount of time, and it does not sell, it is overpriced for your market, or no one gives a c--- about owning it!!! so tru.
I see car prices in general ON this site andFBBO, Mopar facebook sites, in general, reasonably priced. I see them pretty much always priced somewhat higher than what I would give, but everyone seems to have to have dickering room. And too I have lived in Missouri the last 30 years. Car prices out there, are lower than for projects than a lot of other states.
Used parts. Remember there will be members on here wanting sell of unneeded parts, and they have no real idea what they are worth. Like the newbie taking a load of parts to Mopar Nats for the first time. They take a lot of junk that is worthless, and what they take that is worth having, way overpriced.
lastly: Anything you get for your car and parts over the price of scrap metal, IS salesmanship!?? ha

Last edited:
Need to correct my average to 1 for 6.:thumbsup:
Was not a member as it showed up on FABO in a general seach for her but posting my jeep here has led to a sale. Wohoo.
Thanks to all for posting and merry xmas.

I hate to say it, but the FB Mopar pages are a hot spot when it comes to selling cars!! The wide audience and high traffic there really gets your product out there!!

-
Back