Has anyone here tried this sh#t??

-
They have been doing this for years and many advertise in Hemmings and other classic car magazines

if some states would make things a little easier then you wouldn't have to go through all that crap

If you're in Missouri, I know a guy that can get you a title on most vehicles.

if some states would make things a little easier then you wouldn't have to go through all that crap

Sadly, that makes it easier for people to title YOUR car in their name.

I did mine through Alabama through some title agency I found online. I had called them first and checked in with other people to see if they were legit, and I sent my my information and all the paperwork I had to it and then like 4 weeks I had a title to the car. They were $200.

Last edited:
Florida houses a lot of these companies. usually it is like $400, a few pictures, a simple form and a month, and poof.

They use liens.

turbo jerk....

i know you would like to get a title for your car as quickly and easily as possible. HOWEVER, i WOULD NOT recommend following ANY instructions found on a Youtube video! Youtube is great for seeing how to replace a kitchen faucet or how to change the chain on your chain saw. but Youtube IS NOT a reliable source for LEGAL MATTERS!!

i would suggest you go through PennDot to obtain a copy of your lost title. if you had a PA title to begin with, PennDot will have a copy. if you never had a title, you should be able to get a "Reconstructed" title for your car from PennDot. you will have to go through the process of having your car inspected by a PennDot registered inspection station at a garage somewhere and then apply for your title. take a look at the following website and then call PennDot for further instruction.

trust me, if you get a title through some "unofficial" process and then use that title to get PA insurance and a PA license plate, you are taking the risk of running afoul of pennsylvania criminal statutes. even if you don't get "arrested" - if you have an accident and the insurance company finds out the background of the car, they WILL NOT honor the policy and YOU could be left holding the bag for damages to your car, to any person injured, and for any property damage.

SPECIALLY CONSTRUCTED-RECONSTRUCTED-MODIFIED VEHICLE INSPECTIONS

I did mine through Alabama through some title agency I found online. I had called them first and checked in with other people to see if they were legit, and I sent my my information and all the paperwork I had to it and then like 4 weeks I had a title to the car. They were $200.
Do you remember the agency?

turbo jerk....

i know you would like to get a title for your car as quickly and easily as possible. HOWEVER, i WOULD NOT recommend following ANY instructions found on a Youtube video! Youtube is great for seeing how to replace a kitchen faucet or how to change the chain on your chain saw. but Youtube IS NOT a reliable source for LEGAL MATTERS!!

i would suggest you go through PennDot to obtain a copy of your lost title. if you had a PA title to begin with, PennDot will have a copy. if you never had a title, you should be able to get a "Reconstructed" title for your car from PennDot. you will have to go through the process of having your car inspected by a PennDot registered inspection station at a garage somewhere and then apply for your title. take a look at the following website and then call PennDot for further instruction.

trust me, if you get a title through some "unofficial" process and then use that title to get PA insurance and a PA license plate, you are taking the risk of running afoul of pennsylvania criminal statutes. even if you don't get "arrested" - if you have an accident and the insurance company finds out the background of the car, they WILL NOT honor the policy and YOU could be left holding the bag for damages to your car, to any person injured, and for any property damage.

SPECIALLY CONSTRUCTED-RECONSTRUCTED-MODIFIED VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
I actually did exactly as the guy in the YouTube video said. Filled out the form, sent in the money and got my Vermont plates and registration stickers. I have yet to go into the ky dmv and see about transferring to a ky title but the car is 100% road legal.

What jimharvard said. In addition, no title registration company can give you legal title to a stolen car. Legal title stays with the owner from whom it was stolen. If you're ever involved in an accident, stopped for a traffic infraction, try to sell the car, or if for any other reason the person from whom the car was stolen learns that you have possession, it goes back to the true owner and you lose both the car and all the money you paid for it and put into it.

As an inspection mechanic here in Pa I can tell you its probably one of the toughest states to get a car titled unless you already have a title. To do it correctly you should expect a few trips to an enhanced inspection station that is certified thru the state for this type of work. They will go over the vehicle with a fine toothed comb! But in the end you will have the proper paper work.
Best of Luck
Rod

-
Back