Has anyone installed more modern bucket seats in their A Body??

-
If you’re asking me, yes they can be reclined more forward and back… they can also be moved closer and to the dash.

As far as the rear height you can adjust that… but I wouldn’t get it to height unless you modify the bracket to accommodate. Otherwise it’s putting to much stress on the mounting bolts.

Yea, sorry forgot to hit the reply button. They look good, I just like to sit more upright, so if they recline forward and lock onto that position, then that would be awesome.

What are you doing for seat belts? I noticed those have the buckle on the seat.

Wish I saw this thread 4 months ago...
Mine are from a 95, but I think any first gen. Dakota with buckets would be good. They are very comfortable too.
FWIW, I had a 95 Dak-near as I can tell, the bucket seats are exactly the same (except color) as in my Shelby Charger, and maybe 95% identical to Daytona seats.
2009 Mini Cooper seats in my car. All manual adjustments, look vintage and hold you in place for corners. Link to my blog showing the brackets I made for them to fit.

[/URL]

View attachment 1716038840

I love it! Any chance you have dimensions on the mount brackets? I'd need to have a welder make those for me.

Very nice. Do you know if they ever came in cloth? I despise leather.

lol, I recently bought a 70 Dart and the previous owner had installed Cadillac 6 way power bucket seats in it. I posted pictures of the car here on the forum and got chastised for them even though I wasn't the one that put them in the car! :lol:

Wish I saw this thread 4 months ago...

FWIW, I had a 95 Dak-near as I can tell, the bucket seats are exactly the same (except color) as in my Shelby Charger, and maybe 95% identical to Daytona seats.

I love it! Any chance you have dimensions on the mount brackets? I'd need to have a welder make those for me.

Very nice. Do you know if they ever came in cloth? I despise leather.
Yes, they do make them in cloth… just find a base model Mustang, more than likely they’ll also both be manual, mine are just electric on the drivers… but for the price I paid I can’t complain… I paid $250 for the front and rear… sold the rear for $100 !!!

I’m thinking I’ll get seat adapters from an aftermarket seat company to get leveled up and build off that. I’ve got heated and cooled and power adjusted seats from a 2017 Maxima. I can do a little mig work, just dread getting the base leveled up.

Currently have seats from a Toyota Cynos in my A100. I took out the Honda seats that it arrived with - at the time I couldn't get any original style seats.

Now I have the correct seats, and they will be fitted this year - after they are re-covered. :thumbsup:

DSC05224.JPG

I’m thinking I’ll get seat adapters from an aftermarket seat company to get leveled up and build off that. I’ve got heated and cooled and power adjusted seats from a 2017 Maxima. I can do a little mig work, just dread getting the base leveled up.
The only issue with the Maxima ones are just like the Mustang ones I used, you have to level the front inside mount towards the console and both rear mounts.

I had set of Maxima seats that I was going to use but they needed recovering, so I found a deal on the Mustang seats and went with them instead.

As far a fit, they both fit nice and are comfortable.

Currently have seats from a Toyota Cynos in my A100. I took out the Honda seats that it arrived with - at the time I couldn't get any original style seats.

Now I have the correct seats, and they will be fitted this year - after they are re-covered. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1716091483
The problem with side hugger seats in an A100, is that to close the doors, the seats have to be pushed back - or the sides clash with the armrest on the door.

I’m hanging on to my original bench seat and other original parts but for now I’m going for a car my wife and I can enjoy together. She rode in my bench seat, rubber floor no air car back in our courtship days but our bones and backs are not what they used to be.

I drive a 2018 GMC Acadia at work.
I'm looking for a set of them for my 70 Dart. They are very supportive and comfortable

Do you think they would fit?
Yes, I do. There is not much air between the seat and the floor, and they have about 4 inches travel up and down. Will need to do some fabrication work to mount them. If I'm lucky I can get a set with heaters

I can't easily measure the brackets without removing the seats. However, if you have the new seats it's pretty straightforward. You can see how I made them on my blog.

-
Back