HAS ANYONE RECOVERD THERE OWN SEATS ?

-
Just finished '65 buckets seats for use in a Dodge Truck CSS clone ( '64-67 dodge trucks) with a '63 Polara console. I completely rebuilt them with spring repair, burlap, foam and PUI covers. Wish I had used Legendary covers. Take your time and watch the Legendary video.

IMG_3642.JPG

Last edited:
I want to eventually do mine, but right now these look pretty good. I've done lots of reading and it looks like one of the biggest tips is to get the covers warmed up in the sun real good before you do it. I'm sure that would even help used covers be easier to work with.

I did mine in my basement. The front buckets were tough, but doable. I actually had to get help to have enough "muscles" to stretch the rear cover over the frame. I would also recommend heating the covers in the dryer versus the sun technique. You can get them warmer and more pliable in a much shorter amount of time. The dryer is also good for when you don't get it right at first and strip the cover off to start the process all over again.

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

I did front and rear with legendary covers and kits. Bought the hog pliers as well.
In my experience, legendary videos did not help at all.
Carefully taking apart the seats, and taking multiple pics was key.
Large table, thick blankets, sun, time.
I used large plastic clamps and 2x4s wrapped in cloth to compress the springs, seats upside down, so easy.
Hog ring center first, and check.
Bought 2 kits, some extra burlap leftover, and probably a full bag of cotton, and my rear seat back also had cotton between the springs at the bottom and the burlap.
Could probably buy materials separately, cheaper.
Original foam was shaped, not a hunk of squared off foam.

20190511_154809.jpg

Wife and I did ours.

Buckets were a bit tougher then the rear, except for the rear back. Had to stand on it to get It around the fold down frame and locked on the triangle dogs.

Broke a couple needles in the machine stitching the burlap as the originals were. Put all the little wires back in just like they came out.

E1B1873F-64ED-4382-AE0D-BBC3DB61FEBA.jpeg

2037FA55-0C86-4655-B76A-C9198BBC6A32.jpeg

8CD8FE50-859C-4F56-9045-A095195A644B.jpeg

24372795-BD1D-4771-8FF0-1C35EC06B3C1.jpeg

D42F1199-DB50-4409-A7CF-B62A488761E5.jpeg

If doing your Fish and in A standard interior I recommend the PG Classic Standard interior foam for 68/69. Much better fit in the bolsters.

If Deluxe than PUI or Legendary is fine. The two versions are not the same, I used Legendary foam and had lots of shaping Requirements in the front buckets For the bolsters. There foam is designed for The deluxe covers.JMO!

I did mine. It took a while, but it was easy. Look at the way the old ones are attached. This pattern MUST be followed carefully. Some of the hog rings hold the material to the frame, but some of them hold the center part of the cover DOWN against the foam. I HIGHLY recommend getting a decent pair of hog ring pliers and new seat foam. I also recommend laying the covers in the sun for a few minutes to get the material warm; not
hot, but warm.
Seat Belts.JPG

-
Back