Has anyone tried the Rev n nator ?

-

jimmer

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying one of theese they seem to really work from the tests I saw in Mopar Muscle mag I think ?

Pretty sure there was a thread about this a while back....

Well I guess I will have to get one and see. Then I will post the results.

ya i asked about the rev-n-ator box awhile back, didnt get much feedback on it. Then i found a brand new crance cams hi-6 on sale for 185.00 bucks and i took it and ran.

There was an article in one of the mags either Mopar Action or Mopar Muscle ? They did dynos with em and they worked well on the dyno ? Even better then others.

It seems to be a good piece with some nice features.

The 40hp claim I saw looked suspect and I don't believe it. Something happened during those test to skew things IMO.

Stock looking box with a rev limiter is one feature that is nice.

I know it seemed too good to be true ? Hmm ? It will go on the fire wall of my 72 cuda and look mostly stock accept to the trained eye so I thought it would be cool and the rev limmiter is a serious bonus !!!

Got one about a month ago. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. The rev- limiter may have already have saved my motor once (I missed the shifter handle).
It starts, runs, and gets better gas milage. Call the people from the Mopar Muscle artical in Mi. I believe his name is Tony. $200.00 including shipping.

.............The 40hp claim I saw looked suspect..........

When someone starts lying about such details on a new product, to me, it spreads an ugly film on what ELSE they are claiming, reasonable or not.

One example in my lifetime was the Judson "See Dee" allegedly "ignition." Now JudsonSEEMED to make some reasonable stuff, their "electronic magneto" was supposed to be a conventional points triggered electronic ignition that works very much like our Mopar systems except back in the breaker points days.

But my buddy bought one of these, obviously "suggesting" to the buyer that they "might be" a CD ignition from the name. THEY ARE a complete fraud. As I recall, after destructive disassembly, the big device was hooked to nothing, and it may or may not have had a diode or cap internally. It did exactly NOTHING except possibly helping to supress point arcing.

http://vwjudsonregister.tripod.com/see-dee_instructions.htm

seedee-pic.jpg

This website suggests the entire line of Judson stuff was junk, window dressing, a Fraud:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=423444

Partial quote:

"I read a 1975 newspaper story about a man, Robert E. Thurman, who helped expose the magneto hoax. He bought a Judson Electronic Magneto for $45 whoelsale in 1974 (it sold for $60 retail). It burned out his ignition points and did not improve his gas mileage. He measured the current in the system and found the points getting 3.5 amperes instead of the normal .02. Figuring the magneto was defective, he exchanged it for a new one and installed it on his car. This time he checked the point current before running the car, and it was still 3.5 amps. He melted tar from the inside of the magneto in order to examine its working parts. It was basically an inductive ignition coil with a fancy looking transister (the black knob) that was "not even being used except as a come-on," Thurman said.

His documentation arrived at the Pennsylvania A.G.'s General Bureau of Consumer Protection along with a pile of similar well-documented letters from around the country. The bureau investigated and brought action against Judson, charging that the Magneto and See/Dee were only ignition coils and not designed to increase gas mileage. Judson agreed to a consent order and promised to refund money to consumers who wrote within four months."

I will say that I think the rev-n-nator is a good product. I think there was an anomoly in the testing, maybe the orange box they had was going bad... who knows. The dyno sheet HP using the mopar orange box was all over the map.

Most HP claims in ads are under very specific circumstances, like tti saying an X pipe will add 15hp... REALLY??? I know some cars that have gone slower with an X pipe, but... it makes 15 more HP... something isn't adding up! LOL

'S like the old joke about a guy who bought a VW because he wanted good mileage, then a long drawn out story about installing every gadget in the world and adding this or that to the mileage

The punch line is somethin' like,

"Bill, the damnedest thing!!"

"Yeah"

"I've put all these mileage improvement devices on the veedub, and the other night I had to remove the cap and siphon some OUT!!!"

I am a very satisfied user of the rev-n-ator box. I bought one of the first units out. I waited to install it at the dragstrip. I ran with my FBO box and FBO coil during the drags untill eliminated, then I put on the Revenator to do test run. I set revlimit at 5000 and did test run. It ran ok but rev limit hit at 4000. I set it higher but still limit came in too low. To make long story short, called Troy the owner & he said to bypass the ballast resistor and run 12V to it. I did that and it worked great. Rev limits came in right on set point. The ET was right close to where the FBO box was running.
The Revnator may have saved my engine. I went to do burnout before a run and the engine hit the rev limit. The trans slipped in 2nd gear and allowed engine to rev higher than usual. Trans needs rebuild but engine is ok. It gave me confidence to raise my shift point and lower my ET as result.

It seems to be a good piece with some nice features.

The 40hp claim I saw looked suspect and I don't believe it. Something happened during those test to skew things IMO.

Stock looking box with a rev limiter is one feature that is nice.
x2 cant really see 40 horse gain,unless the first test was on seven cyls. lol:D:wack:

-
Back