Has anyone tried WIPE NEW product yet? Looking for honest review...

-
Totally forgot about this thread... until I walked by and looked at the fugly looking mess this crap made on my wifes car today!

Yup... its in stores now! But my advice- DONT BUY THIS CRAP!!!!

Messy with horrible lingering smell and doesnt do what they say it does.
I was intrigued when I first put it on the rubber parts around windows because NOTHING was working on them. It actually looked halfway decent the day I applied it (and it took part of a day to put on). Very time consuming process- need to use paint brush and sponge. Have to work with it to not have "streaks" on certain parts.

But- after a few days, it was evident that anything you got the liquid on that wasnt rubber/plastic- now needed to be cleaned off. This stuff seems like silicone mixed with linseed oil. Nasty. It left quite the mess on windows and paint. I actually had to take acetone to get it off! And the parts I applied the product to started looking bad again within a week. And as time went on... it actually started looking worse than before! And the smell lasted for weeks!
Unfortunately tried it on some interior parts and got it too close to a couple plastic pieces... left residue on clear plastic that wont come off. And actually took the paint off another part.

Ill try to download a few pics- but my opinion of this stuff is BS! Save your time- save your $.
Hope nobody else ran out and bought this garbage.

i used it on my daughters headlights on her civic worked great they were junk before and now look like brand new its been over 3 months still look great

Ill try that... as this stuff will never go on any other body part of my car again.

Thanks for the heads up. I have wet sanded and buffed out my Lexus headlights but they get bad in just a few months. Maybe this will seal them.

Here's an update on the Wipe New. It's been about 14 months since I put this on my Avalanche. The "zebra striping " that the first gen avalanches are known for is still barely visible. It's not as shiny as it was when first applied, but not nearly as chalky as it was before I applied it, but still not bad for something that doesn't get washed maybe every six weeks or so. I've been wanting to apply a second coat, but I just haven't had the time. I really think a second coat would really make it shine. Sorry, I tried pictures, but they I can't get pictures to show enough detail.

-
Back