Has anyone used an app like Waze GPS?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who ...
from 196,217 users

The guy at work said that it warned him of speed traps, traffic accidents, provided proactive rerouting of your trip. Am curious if anyone has used something like this because I have been stuck on the interstate for hours waiting for emergency responders to address a major accident. (Am at work on duty today...)

Yes, I use it. I love it! Even if not using it as a GPS, it still gives you warnings about speed traps, camera traffic lights, accidents, etc..

I have used it from time to time and it works pretty good. Kind of like the modern version of the CB radio. "10-4, you got a smokey at milepost 220 good buddy!" LOL

Anyway, its a free app - worth a try in my book.

My Field Engineer in CA uses it - it's usually fairly accurate (obviously, this sort of information goes stale quickly, but if the users report the updates, it corrects pretty quickly)

We use it to get ETAs so we know if we have time to get coffee before a meeting ;-)

It's a good app as long as people use it and keep things updated.

My "rally navigator" swears by it. It seems to work pretty well -- we don't get lost. But i haven't used it myself.

-
Back