Have moparitus - 73 dart swinger 440/4 speed

-

moparmuscle

Reaction score
New member. Hello all.

This will be my first muscle car restro project. Picked up partly done March with a done goal of June ish from father inlaw who has many restros under his belt over the last 40 years. His son Kyle has done 5 full restros the last 9 years on mopars, he is going to help with a few things like placing decals and he painted this dart 6 years ago or so. Lots of knowledge and love of mopar in my wifes family so after 10 years married shes excited for some mopar muscle.

Car is a 73 dart with a 72 440 HP with 4 speed conversion (schumacher mounts and headers). Father inlaw already did sand blast, full paint (original brown), disk brakes front, added tunnel for 4 speed, refresh 440 ( stock block witb just edelbrock intake mani, headers, 750 cfm carter, 69 roadrunner cam, HP motor so 8.5 or so compression, 6 pack rods, steel crank and stock heads), 8 3/4 rear, moved springs in 3 inches and we also since did back 2 inches (we will roll fenders also trying to see if a 275/60/15 will fit rear), set motor in, recovered seats, redid headliner.

So far since March we've done quite a bit with 200 plus combined hrs or so into it (nights and weekends) so it should be done with another 100-200 hrs of work or so (early June is stretch goal). My first muscle build and so far I'm loving it. Did a 05 neon up to 562 wheel hp a few years ago and man that was a boat load of work and complexity. So far I'm loving the simplicity of this build. Everything is bigger, more room and easier to figure out (esp with father inlaws help) and make work. Love it.

20160428_190622.jpg

20160429_200438.jpg

20160416_185742.jpg

welcome to the fray - very nice!! working A/C and all.. cool

Ac is Bouchillon brackets (200 bucks), real non clone sanden pump (175 bucks), rep ac condenser from a guy on ebay (250 bucks) and an under dash unit we had and cleaned up and checked. Lines we are going to get a bulk head mount and run through fender. Local shop makes lines so we will make to fit.

Idea is to make it look like car might have come with both 440 and ac etc.

Under dash unit after disassembly, check, clean and paint. Still need to do knobs, make brackets to hang it etc.

20160402_170745.jpg

Car should fire this weekend. Maybe. Got the 275/60/15 on 8 inch rally rims to fit the rear with some fender rolling and massaging. If id ordered custom offset would have fit without that and probably 295s with (MAYBE). Springs are relocated 3 inches in and 2 inches back with the XHP leafs and air shocks (no more then 60 psi planned or needed as tires fit good). About .75 or so inch room on the back maybe a qtr in on front fender area.

No tub. 73 dart swinger special.

Front has 205/60/15 on 7 inch

-
Back