Have the code Nazis hit on your car?

-
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!
No.

So, you're a coward.
Not hardly, though Financially prudent, and respectful of the laws that government the properties I own, and smart enough to pick my battles, rather than waste my time an money on a losing battle.

Same horseshit, different stall.
You call it horse ****, I call it reality. I have no need or desire to fight what I can not win. That's is known as spending good money after bad, not to mention the waste of my time.

Retroactive zoning laws are nothing new.
Retro active zoning laws are not the topic here, but, they are much easier to fight than existing zoning laws.
Been there and done that.
So was I, and successfully fought them.

Again: retrocative changes are nothing new.
See above.

So...were you the one who, as a child, had two favorite words? Namely, I'M TELLING!

Too idiotic for a response. :sad3:

Should have plastered that video all over the place.

Should have kicked his *** on camera while protecting your property from a criminal trespasser committing a clear act of vandalism then plastered the video all over the place .

Live in an unincorporated county.....codes? What are they?

Frankie would be a good code enforcement officer.
You're right, I would.

Unlike some here (not pointing any fingers, but if the shoe fit, wear it), I can, and did, separate the code from the emotion, and the idiotic zeal that seems to be so prevalent, even when that code was applied, and used, against me.

False Pride vs. Reality.
For many, it seems false pride is the automatic, first, and almost always, the wrong choice. But, hey, it's your money, your time, and your public record, and you're free to waste all of it as you see fit.

Personally, I don't find giving the government my money, in the form of taxes, fines or fees, to be a very pleasing prospect. I also have no wish to give them my time, either arguing with them in my yard, or spending it in "county".
I'd much prefer using both for other things, including challenging those laws or codes.
But, that's just me.

Live in an unincorporated county.....codes? What are they?

Seek an ye shall find.

I doubt there is a county in this country that doesn't have some sort of property or zoning code to follow. Whether they are enforced or not is a different story.

Also, the further you live from your neighbours, the less likely they are to file a complaint, if you are in violation of any code.

Usually people living out in the county are less likely to be bothered by inspectors, and complaints from other people, whereas in the suburbs and in town, your much more likely to be required to meet zoning codes, covenants, and laws. You make the choice on where to live, what some here seem to fail to understand is that those choices come with responsibilities, and sometimes consequences. For those people there are three possibilities regarding the local codes:
1 You appreciate them for what they are, and follow them (for most people it doesn't even take a second thought).

2. You're ignorant to them and if told that you're in violation simply correct the situation.

3. You are aware of them and don't give a ****.
a.those who know they are in violation and won't do anything about it, until told.
b. those who know they are in violation and become "stupid" when told about it.

Unfortunately for these people, owning, leasing, or renting property doesn't give them the right to select which of these codes they care to follow, and which you care to ignore. It's more or less an all or nothing proposition.

I can see not having a Junk yard in your yard, but these people that hoop and holler over one vehicle, give me a break. Or the ones that spend thousands on their yard, and then raise cane because the man down the road either can't afford to, or has sense enough not to spend that much on his yard, come on!

When this type of thing happens it just shows we don't really own anything. The government still can tell us what to do with it.

This proves Frankie is right about everything.
http://www.statesboroherald.com/section/1/article/54504/

I have nothing “up my ***”. And neither do I care that someone doesn’t care.
But I know a pompous one when I see one.
I do not pretend to speak for everyone except to reveal what many must certainly think.
Consider me everyman.
Accusations of emotional appeals yet affirming the Sanford and Son cliché.
That’s rich, if you will pardon the figure of speech.
Steptoe and Son would be safer today.
I believe someone else has pointed out, the OP is on revenue as a motivation for these codes, and also poorly worded codes.
It is obvious from this tread and others that the topic is what ever Frankie say that it is at the moment including the use of social (istic) logic that what the neighbor does with his property affects your property values, therefore you have the right to control his property,
Despite his unabashed political leanings, fair enough
What must the Duke think?
Consequently those that might share their interesting experiences are chilled because this thread waxes political from longwinded, judicial pronouncements without knowing all the facts. That’s impossible.

So we must accept that the line will be drawn where the majority says it will be drawn.
As I said, that’s what real estate agents are for.
Too emotional?
Revisit the unlicensed, un-garaged Valiant analogy and think about it again.
Waste time? It seems like Frankie has plenty to waste.

Seek an ye shall find.

I doubt there is a county in this country that doesn't have some sort of property or zoning code to follow. Whether they are enforced or not is a different story.

Also, the further you live from your neighbours, the less likely they are to file a complaint, if you are in violation of any code.

Usually people living out in the county are less likely to be bothered by inspectors, and complaints from other people, whereas in the suburbs and in town, your much more likely to be required to meet zoning codes, covenants, and laws. You make the choice on where to live, what some here seem to fail to understand is that those choices come with responsibilities, and sometimes consequences. For those people there are three possibilities regarding the local codes:
1 You appreciate them for what they are, and follow them (for most people it doesn't even take a second thought).

2. You're ignorant to them and if told that you're in violation simply correct the situation.

3. You are aware of them and don't give a ****.
a.those who know they are in violation and won't do anything about it, until told.
b. those who know they are in violation and become "stupid" when told about it.

Unfortunately for these people, owning, leasing, or renting property doesn't give them the right to select which of these codes they care to follow, and which you care to ignore. It's more or less an all or nothing proposition.

Oklahoma has lots of counties that have no property or zoning codes. If it is a federal/state regulated industry then they take care of regulating it. As a seller a person can place restricted covenants on the property when it is sold and that is the common practice here for areas that are developed for homes that are outside the city limits.

I have a friend that is in the process of placing restricted covenants on her land to keep it from being subdivided in the future. If you saw the land you would understand as it is beautiful with a large lake and another decent size pond. Developer's would subdivide and build on it in a heartbeat since it would take no major dirt work to have 50 to 60 building sites.

Oklahoma has lots of counties that have no property or zoning codes. If it is a federal/state regulated industry then they take care of regulating it. As a seller a person can place restricted covenants on the property when it is sold and that is the common practice here for areas that are developed for homes that are outside the city limits.

I have a friend that is in the process of placing restricted covenants on her land to keep it from being subdivided in the future. If you saw the land you would understand as it is beautiful with a large lake and another decent size pond. Developer's would subdivide and build on it in a heartbeat since it would take no major dirt work to have 50 to 60 building sites.

So a private party can create covenants that apply to land being sold? Is the buyer bound by those covenants after he take possession of the property?

Many of us bring this kind of crap on ourselves. A little housekeeping wouldn't hurt, and in many cases will save you money and inconvenience.

so true ...after seeing this thread, I been at it for the past week cleaning up but I built a privacy fence around my cars and junk....I got done today

I live on a farm but houses are popping up everyday around and more traffic now than 12 years ago when I moved here .

I built my fence and cleaned up the place a bit and now no cars can be seen from the street at all, so this great for two reasons:

1. my yard looks beautiful ....I should have cleaned up like this long time ago.

2. even there is no code enforcement out here (at least I have never seen it) ...even if they come out here, there is no excuse for them to tell me anything.

all I have to do now is get rid of some junk tires and I can play dumb "cars!! what cars ...I don't see anything" :D

My attitude has always been if you can't see it from normal walkways around the home (not violating property lines), what you have in your backyard is nobodies business, sans criminal activity (cooking meth, etc.) Parking stuff in your backyard isn't criminal.

Rani, that's good to put up a fence and block anything from view.

Comes up a lot with our cars.
Here's a flyer.
The language gives me questions.
Maybe your codes are similarly worded.

Paved with what? Brick? Gravel? Pavers? Shingles?
This presupposes that one has grass on which to park a car.
Is dirt exempt?
Define "weeds".
If it is neither grass nor weed is there a height restriction?
Apparently even a brand new Veyron in a garage must be registered if in a residential district.
Looks like it is as much about revenue as appearances.

I took the time to read the flyer and no offense (and I get what you're saying about pompous people) but it seems like you are nit-picking the wording when really it's reasonably clear. Don't park on unpaved areas, don't let your property become overgrown, all vehicles must have current registration. When people live together in communities, there is a norm of acceptable behavior within the community. As an analogy, 'playing well with others.'

I lived in the county the OP is talking about for many years. There is a large proportion of people there who simply do not care how their behavior affects others, therefore the necessity for code enforcement.

So a private party can create covenants that apply to land being sold? Is the buyer bound by those covenants after he take possession of the property?

Yes and it stays with the property for the duration. Oklahoma is one of the few places that still have abstracts so those preserve the covenants. When the attorney opinion is done prior to closing the sale of a piece of property all covenants have to be listed in the final report. We have them in minimum home size restrictions, all new materials, type of exterior materials, fence type material, out building restrictions and the such all over the place.

This also highlights the importance of having a close, friendly relationship with your neighbors. On my street there is a mix of all peoples, ages, wealth or lack thereof, original 800 square foot 1930s homes in disrepair and new mcmansions. Everyone knows each other, says hello, and is very live-and-let-live. If anyone had a problem, I can't imagine them going to the county or the police, instead of addressing the matter directly. I can go to work knowing my elderly neighbor next door would shoot anyone who tried to burglarize my house. My other neighbor who is a mechanic at a car dealership can run a side business out of his garage- he makes an effort to keep the sound down. I know that I can bring home an unregistered parts car and park it in front of my house as long for a few months, as I keep it covered when I'm not working on it, etc. A little consideration is all that's needed, and neighbors looking out for each other. There are hundreds of laws, like jaywalking, that we break every day and it's no big deal. My respect for such civil law stems only from the fact that the laws are necessary should someone be unreasonable or things get out of hand, and you need the law for compliance. But if the law is unreasonable it should not be on the books. IMO you should be able to keep a car on your side yard, back yard, or garage, titled/registered or not

About 8 years ago Ihad this old 1984 Old cutlass Cierra, 4 door hoopdie. The car was a pos, but it ran and had LEGAL tags on it, only one month old. The city I live in was having this code enforcement thingie going on. I had bought a newer, nicer car and was driving that instead, so the other car was parked. I came home from work one day and saw this orange ticket saying I had to remove the "abandoned" vehicle from the site. There was a number for me to call, and so I did. When the inspector came out I asked them how they could call a LEGALLY registered vehicle abandoned? No answer.... She then asked how come I wasn't driving it. I looked at that old car and the newer, nicer car and asked her if she had a choice, what would she drive? Again, no answer. So I then jumped in it and turned the key and it started right up with no problem, I backed it out of where it was and told her to jump in and I'll take her around the block in my LEGALLY REGISTERED, RUNNING CAR! No answer.... She then proceeded to tear up the violation. Stupid ---------, insert word of your choice here. LOL.

About 8 years ago Ihad this old 1984 Old cutlass Cierra, 4 door hoopdie. The car was a pos, but it ran and had LEGAL tags on it, only one month old. The city I live in was having this code enforcement thingie going on. I had bought a newer, nicer car and was driving that instead, so the other car was parked. I came home from work one day and saw this orange ticket saying I had to remove the "abandoned" vehicle from the site. There was a number for me to call, and so I did. When the inspector came out I asked them how they could call a LEGALLY registered vehicle abandoned? No answer.... She then asked how come I wasn't driving it. I looked at that old car and the newer, nicer car and asked her if she had a choice, what would she drive? Again, no answer. So I then jumped in it and turned the key and it started right up with no problem, I backed it out of where it was and told her to jump in and I'll take her around the block in my LEGALLY REGISTERED, RUNNING CAR! No answer.... She then proceeded to tear up the violation. Stupid ---------, insert word of your choice here. LOL.

To me it sounds like discrimination against older vehicles. Just like the county I live in says you have to have 5 acres to have a Mobile Home. To me that is like saying, "If you aren't of a certain income bracket stay out." THAT IS WRONG! If a mobile home is kept up reasonably well, or a car is registered and insured, they should never say a thing.

This proves Frankie is right about everything.
http://www.statesboroherald.com/section/1/article/54504/

I have nothing “up my ***”. And neither do I care that someone doesn’t care.
But I know a pompous one when I see one.
I do not pretend to speak for everyone except to reveal what many must certainly think.
Consider me everyman.
Accusations of emotional appeals yet affirming the Sanford and Son cliché.
That’s rich, if you will pardon the figure of speech.
Steptoe and Son would be safer today.
I believe someone else has pointed out, the OP is on revenue as a motivation for these codes, and also poorly worded codes.
It is obvious from this tread and others that the topic is what ever Frankie say that it is at the moment including the use of social (istic) logic that what the neighbor does with his property affects your property values, therefore you have the right to control his property,
Despite his unabashed political leanings, fair enough
What must the Duke think?
Consequently those that might share their interesting experiences are chilled because this thread waxes political from longwinded, judicial pronouncements without knowing all the facts. That’s impossible.

So we must accept that the line will be drawn where the majority says it will be drawn.
As I said, that’s what real estate agents are for.
Too emotional?
Revisit the unlicensed, un-garaged Valiant analogy and think about it again.
Waste time? It seems like Frankie has plenty to waste.

What an absolutely idiotic post. by the way Adriver, your post proves absolutely nothing about me, but it does show how clueless, and short sighted you are.

I say again, I don't know what's up your ***, but you seem to keep insisting on make this thread a personal thing. If that's the case, I really don't think you're prepared.
When you can get your emotions out of what should be a legal discussion, you might begin to make sense. Until then letting your emotions govern your keyboard does you no justice, whatsoever.

-
Back