Have they come out with a set of Sb headers EXCEPT TTI's that actually FIT yet?

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
Been checking this subject every now and then. Headers are getting old on the Dart Sport. Would love to go with new headers BUT ive yet to find a set that actually FIT and dont need to be bashed into submission or are in general more trouble than they are worth. I REFUSE to pay the $$$ for the TTI's I WONT pay over $300-350 for headers. 73 Dart Sport 340 with 727 tranny. I check every year and the only answer I get are the ones I REFUSE to buy...so I will ask it this year too..anything came out in the last year that I may not know about that will actually fit..asking this B4 I go back to manifolds when these current headers give up the ghost.

I have a set of Hookers I took off my 67 Dart because of clearance issues and bought TTI's, only to read people are having trouble with the TTI and 4 speed.

MANIFOLDS ARE LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY!

I have a set of Hookers I took off my 67 Dart because of clearance issues and bought TTI's, only to read people are having trouble with the TTI and 4 speed.

MANIFOLDS ARE LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY!

yup, i got the original DS manifold but need a PS one i think... but probably cheaper being that they are 73's not the vaunted(barely any HP gain lol) HP ones :)

The problem with headers from the big makers is that they mass manufacture them with little care on quality. Some fit, some dont.

I think there made by flowtech or dynomax,but they fit like a glove,with no interference,and there cheap!there on sale for less than 100.00 right now too.I gonna leave mine painted until the engine is broke in,then pull them out,get them ceramic coated,still have less in them than the other brands.But,i did hear from a freind the flow tech makes these headers already coated for less than 200.00

I think the Summit headers have one tube that hangs down low and will hit on speed bumps etc if your running 14" tires or if your front end is sitting lower than normal. They look just like the ones I used to get for my Duster back in High school. I scrapped them on everything (had to have them welded up twice) until I put some 15" on it and raised the front up a tad. Then they were ok. Good price though, my son bought them for his Demon, but he hasn't put them on yet.

I think the Summit headers have one tube that hangs down low and will hit on speed bumps etc if your running 14" tires or if your front end is sitting lower than normal. They look just like the ones I used to get for my Duster back in High school. I scrapped them on everything (had to have them welded up twice) until I put some 15" on it and raised the front up a tad. Then they were ok. Good price though, my son bought them for his Demon, but he hasn't put them on yet.

thats whats on mine now. Yes they hang down low and the bottom of the headers hits on speed bumps and its all dented up :(

I have he full length Hedamans and they fit just fine, clear everything including the power steering. I have never had an issue with speed bumps, the only place they have ever scrapped is going in an out of the garage to fast (4" step).

I have he full length Hedamans and they fit just fine, clear everything including the power steering. I have never had an issue with speed bumps, the only place they have ever scrapped is going in an out of the garage to fast (4" step).

Do you have any pics of the chassis that shows the ground clearance of those headers?

Look at summit

punch in D453 search tab

D453-r - Dougs are uncoated headers that don't hang down for $389

Do you have any pics of the chassis that shows the ground clearance of those headers?

It's not very good but if you look over to the drivers side you can see the trhee tubes that wrap under the center link.

Swaybar1.jpg

You wont find anything under $350 that isnt going to have the suspension go right through them. All the 1-5/8" street headers are the same design.

You wont find anything under $350 that isnt going to have the suspension go right through them. All the 1-5/8" street headers are the same design.

looks like your right..looks like its manifold time :(

I have Hookers on mine and they cleared everything fine. No hammer needed. Just a royal PITA to get on and off. They are the same basic design as all the rest of the cheapies like Adam pointed out but the only time I ever had them scrape is when I had 2 other guys with me that were both well over 200 lbs. and I'm 190. It was a bad bump too and I hit it too fast.

my ol' man and i decided on the tti's.. for one reason.. they don't hang down at all.. just enough to see them peak at you from underneith..(which i think looks wicked). i did alot of reading on posts from you guys before i bought them.. yea its alota money.. but it was really worth.. they went in like a snap..took me and a buddy about 30 minutes to pop in both sides.and they clear everyhing fine.. of course i dont have any of grandma creature comfort yall have...ac ps pb cup holders lol or granny glasses lol.. ol' man style haha

-
Back