Have you ever seen a fan shroud on a 1974 Duster?

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hi Guys: The factory correct radiator for my 1974 Duster (225 auto non-a/c) is part number 3692973, which I have in my car. I noticed that there are four holes for what appear to be a fan shroud on the engine side of the radiator housing (see photos). These holes are 18.5 inches across horizontally and 15 inches apart vertically. Does this mean this radiator can accommodate a fan shroud? I've never seen one, but my factory parts manual says that there is one for this radiator, p/n 3691920. Have you ever seen one? Any photos? If I could find one, I'd probably purchase and install it as I'm worried about running my hands into the moving fan the few times when I'm working on the running motor. Ideas, anyone? Thanks - cruiser

IMG_1207.jpg

The shrouds would hide the fan. That makes it too easy for the novice to stick a hand in the wrong place. When you find the shroud that will bolt onto your radiator, it will have the warning flag, "caution fan" on the top of it.

The correct fan shroud leaves about half of the fan outside the shroud to work properly, so it might not be that much of a safety improvement.

Yes, I have one on my 74 duster. Look at my Video on Youtube 1980's tribute Plymouth Duster. Look at when I'm filming the under hood part

Yes, I have one on my 74 duster. Look at my Video on Youtube 1980's tribute Plymouth Duster. Look at when I'm filming the under hood part
Okay, thanks. Checked out the video. Very nice Duster! I noticed that you have a/c, so I'm assuming that your car came with a larger radiator than the standard 19 inch non a/c rad that my Duster has. If this is the case, the shroud that you have wouldn't fit my car. But the factory parts manual does show a shroud for the standard 19 inch non a/c slant six radiator, part number 3691920. Is this the part number on your shroud?

-
Back