have you guys seen this dart project??

-
I like the front end, but not the back end. Why the heck put Charger tail lights on it??? And why did they start with a creampuff car? If they are going to chop on a car, why not start with a junker? :roll:

Ok felleas, i dont agree with what you guys are caying, well yes i do and no i dont. I like the fact that they are taking a car ( wouldnt have used that Dart, looked to good) and making it Uniuqe, I like the lowerd look of the car, if they do it right they will get the thing to handel like a Mercedes. The rims i personaly donot like. I think that a set of 18s in the Ralley style with the trimring and center cap would look better. I am not liking the taillights that they are installing, If I were to do it i would have done a 70 'Cuda style kind like what was on the Venom concept from 94.

Like i said I would not have used that perticular dart, a rooling body would have been the way to go IMO, but you also got to look at what some other people do, They Get a new VIPER and drop a 528 HEMI in it, then people take a e-body and drop a Viper engine in it. To me it makes no sence to do ither of those ways, but people like it so i say RIGHT THE FUC* on. I know im rambleing on and sush but ill close on this.

Say you put a set of 20's on a Geo Metro and you liked it and noone else did, what matters more what you like or what they do. Everyone has thier owen oppinion on whats COOL and whats not. If ya like it do it, dont change for somone else.

GotDart said:
I like the front end, but not the back end. Why the heck put Charger tail lights on it??? And why did they start with a creampuff car? If they are going to chop on a car, why not start with a junker? :roll:

If they think it's better started unrusted body so they don't have to weld so much?

I like the engine and the rearend, but don't like those Charger-taillights plans, and i really don't like they idea of color...

But after all, i'm kind of pleased that those pro-builders took a Dart for project not some chevy or ford...

i see the charger lights on the plans on the bottom of the page, but in that first pic i dont even see the Charger lights, looks more like 70 roadrunner lights. looks better with those too. the grill looks 70 Cuda'ish also. Its not bad, but hopefully it looks better when its done than in the plans

That's gonna be one awsome Dart! I've been thinking about doing something similar with my 71 Swinger, but I have no artistic talent so this project inspires me to what can be done. I agree that they shouldn't have used a Mopar Nationals winning Dart Swinger, but something that needed redone, like my Swinger! I love 68 Charger tailights, but not on that car. I think cars like this keep the Mopar hobby moving forward and fresh. Can't wait to see it done!

-Nick :thumleft:

I agree, it should have been done with a less than perfect car. Some people just have more money than sense.

I do think it will be a good looking car when done, however.

Everyone's a Chip Foose these days..... :roll:

While I agree it's cutting edge and different, there's elements that I don't like either. What don't i like? If I explain I'll mention something someone else don't like, and it snowballs.....

I think the level of workmanship is beautiful with original ideas. Definitely refreshing in this "all the factory markings & date coded....." non-sense.

:thumleft:

Tail lites would be alrite, if they were fabbed in a little different.
Pretty cool ride, though starting on an un-butchered factory v-8
Swinger is somewhat unsettling. They're getting hard enough to find
as it is. I would have went with a stroked, screamin, small block avoid
all that fab work, and would handle a lot smoother with that suspension.
8)

i like the way it looks in the rear pick with 69-70 charger taillights....i thought i liked the 71 charger lights , but it looks too busy.......but what do i know i own jeeps and vega,s :D

I am normally not a fan of "Foosed" cars, but that one is very well done. The only thing I don't like is the paint, it will be dated in a year or two. It would have looked a lot nicer in a dark muted color like a metallic dk green or a charcoal.

Lets face it, there are Purists and there are those who go further

I don't care what color it is as long as its paint and not Vinyl

Check the thread date fellas........

That car has been sold and top half painted silver to go with the orange. It was at the BJ auction couple years ago. Here's a more recent couple of pics......diff wheels too

Attachments

• DSCN4690.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 119
Here ya go... http://www.schwartzperformance.com/projects.aspx?projectid=21

I saw the car at SEMA a few years ago. Very nice resto-mod. Very sad that he only managed to get 30-35,000 for it at Barrett Jackson. I felt they threw the gavel way too soon. He had to sell it to raise money for his handicapped daughter.

It was the right thing to do is what mattered at the moment. Eh, it looks pretty cool, I'd never do it to my car. I always liked the '70 runner tails on Darts, but turned inward...they look weird the other way

Wow, now its even more horrible...

-
Back