Have you seen this one for sale?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice car but I really resent the comparison to a 1971 hemi cuda. For one,you get nowhere near the performance from a 383,duh! Not to mention there were milions of 383 cars built. True it is a rare car but i feel like the owner is trying to bump the value of his car with a meaningless comparison.

After all,it will still be just a 383 powered A body no matter how much he pumps it.

Good luck on the sale.

I saw that the other day. It is sweet.
Rare is thrown around too much, and with all of the 1 of 1 bs because a car is the only one with a laundry list of items- certain engine, a certain transmission, a certain color, with power brakes, red interior, hubcaps, blah blah blah, its nice to see a seller/owner stop at car, engine, and in this case body type as it is a drop top.
First year for that engine, first year of that body style, convert, documentation, over restored, all of the things you would hear when someone describes any 'rare' car, including the 70 Hemi Cuda.

They got the pie pan right, as I've seen many with the wrong one, but for some reason the valve covers are not chrome.

67 383 cars are least desirable of the 67-69 A-bodies. They had smaller heads, even more restrictive exhaust manifolds and 67 A-bodies aren't has desirable in general than the 68 and 69's.

Bottom line: it's a $40-$60K car. Smaller audiance of potential buyers, so it might take some time to move. Nicely restored, but there were a number of corners cut that don't make it a super top flite resto.

Even though it's more rare than an 69 M-Code Dart or Barracuda, I think a M-code is more sought after. I think one of those in the same condition and paperwork will sell for more $$ than this 67 383 4spd vert.

Wow, that hurt- the least desirable!
It isn't worth $100k plus, and the auction herd always wants the biggest motor ever, which is usually in the later years of a model, but every 67 owner I know sees it the other way.
I'd buy it if I had stupid cash that I could be stupid with, but I still wouldn't pay $100k, and I totally dig it.

You know the old saying, "There's a fool born every minute."

Sooner or later, the proper fool will see the car at some point, and buy it, although I think its going to be a long time until they find him.

Nice car but I really resent the comparison to a 1971 hemi cuda. For one,you get nowhere near the performance from a 383,duh! Not to mention there were milions of 383 cars built. True it is a rare car but i feel like the owner is trying to bump the value of his car with a meaningless comparison.

After all,it will still be just a 383 powered A body no matter how much he pumps it.

Good luck on the sale.

on ebay, if its a Mopar bumper bolt, they feel the need to mention Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back