Having 2-3 shift overlap - Thinking of switching from 4.2 apply lever to 3.8 - Any Other Thoughts?

-
I'll follow up once I have this back together and get it out for a drive. Thanks to everyone for your help and input!

I'm not allowed to advertise on this site, but we have some A&A servos left in stock and we are releasing our own line of servos also.

I'm not allowed to advertise on this site, but we have some A&A servos left in stock and we are releasing our own line of servos also.
I already ordered direct from A&A. Maybe I could cancel it, not sure, if you send me a PM with info.

UPDATE:
I got my car back together and took it for a couple of drives today. The 2-3 shift overlap is GONE! I also did many other things to the drivetrain while I had it out and I'm so happy with the results! Next on the list this week is to install a distributor re-curver kit from FBO Ignitions and that will only make it better once I'm able to increase my initial timing without going over 34/35 max with mechanical. -and my Gear Vendors overdrive should be arriving soon!

Summary of what I did to my 727 with reverse manual valve body:
-Replaced the 4.2 apply lever with a 3.8.
-Replaced the single-spring billet front servo with a dual-spring billet servo.
-Adjusted the kickdown screw from 1.5 turns out to 2.25 turns out from snug
-I also swapped the 9 inch 3500-3800 stall converter back to my original turbo action 8 inch converter which is approximately 3800-4400 flash.

It shifts very fast and firm but the clunk is gone.
It feels good to be back on the road just in time for MITP.
I can't thank you all enough for the guidance and help in making the correct decisions. Heading out now to see a friend's band play outdoors.
Cheers!
-Doug

Screenshot_20240511_104635_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I got my car back together and took it for a couple of drives today. The 2-3 shift overlap is GONE! I also did many other things to the drivetrain while I had it out and I'm so happy with the results! Next on the list this week is to install a distributor re-curver kit from FBO Ignitions and that will only make it better once I'm able to increase my initial timing without going over 34/35 max with mechanical. -and my Gear Vendors overdrive should be arriving soon!

Summary of what I did to my 727 with reverse manual valve body:
-Replaced the 4.2 apply lever with a 3.8.
-Replaced the single-spring billet front servo with a dual-spring billet servo.
-Adjusted the kickdown screw from 1.5 turns out to 2.25 turns out from snug
-I also swapped the 9 inch 3500-3800 stall converter back to my original turbo action 8 inch converter which is approximately 3800-4400 flash.

It shifts very fast and firm but the clunk is gone.
It feels good to be back on the road just in time for MITP.
I can't thank you all enough for the guidance and help in making the correct decisions. Heading out now to see a friend's band play outdoors.
Cheers!
-Doug

View attachment 1716254860

Happy to hear this

Nice work

-
Back