Having a hard time getting it up.

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
As the title states I'm having a hard time getting it up.

I'm in my 20s and this is a bit concerning to me just a couple of years ago it was no problem but now it's struggle. Okay I noticed this a couple of months back. I was laying there trying to do my thing and I'm struggling (for what felt like life and death, maybe it was I'm not sure) to get this 300 lbs of weight (bar and weights on the end) and rack the thing, finally I was able to get it up but I was exhausted! Couple of years back I was benching 365lbs without a problem. So should I go to doctor about this? I'm a little concerned. So what do you guys/gals think? Am I thinking about this to much or should I just keep hitting it till it gets easy again.

Oh by the way that was my 2nd set and my 15th rep.

Thanks in advance!

:rambo:As we get older it gets more difficult to get it up. I wouldn't worry much until you can't bench your body weight.:burnout:

OMG!!!! you were benching 365 lbs. !!!! I almost crapped myself when I tried to bench 40 lbs.

that means you are totally buffed ......that is amazing.....even benching 300 is totally amazing......that is almost 3 times my entire weight. I cant even imagine being able to lift that much weight.

Sorry can' hep ya. I've never been a weight lifter. I've always been more........actually doing something constructive....................

25qakj5.jpg

2hd4euu.jpg

That's good I thought I had serious problem. Not being able to get that up worried me for a bit but I guess it's age or I'm not trying hard enough.

Next time you have trouble getting it up invite your girl into the room. A little motivation can go a long way. :thumleft:

Next time you have trouble getting it up invite your girl into the room. A little motivation can go a long way. :thumleft:

Good point but it will quite embarrassing if I can't.

definitely not age, especially if your only in your 20's ! You lost some strength. Did you stop working out for a long period of time, diet change, etc ... ?? Your bench weight is pretty good, but I hope your not neglecting your squats and deadlifts !!

definitely not age, especially if your only in your 20's ! You lost some strength. Did you stop working out for a long period of time, diet change, etc ... ?? Your bench weight is pretty good, but I hope your not neglecting your squats and deadlifts !!

I do the squats and dead lifts get enough sleep and stick to a diet. The only thing I can think of is my old gym partner moved out of the state 3-4 months back. While I still like going to the gym just not the same without a partner. I don't know.

Sorry can' hep ya. I've never been a weight lifter. I've always been more........actually doing something constructive.

that's the way I am, most of my work out is just work
i am a machine operator and i run several roll forming mills
part of my job is taking the parts of the line, feeding them into a flare die and then stacking them in racks or crates (depending on their final destination)

each part weights 17 pounds and on Monday i had my most productive day yet with 1200 parts (that's 1200 reps) totaling 20400 pounds of steel i lifted in one day

thank you,
i will take my nap now

:cheers:

Lifting is like any other strength exercise. You have to do it regularly to keep up the level of strength. I used to climb three to four times a week. I did that for over a year and was happy with my climbing abilities. I stopped going for a year and just got back into it. I have lost every bit of my strength.

Nice tower pictures. My previous job was a good workout for the first 2 or so then complete boredom.

Lifting is like any other strength exercise. You have to do it regularly to keep up the level of strength. I used to climb three to four times a week. I did that for over a year and was happy with my climbing abilities. I stopped going for a year and just got back into it. I have lost every bit of my strength.

I just did clings today.....it wasn't very pretty. 6 months between doing them is not a good idea. Only made it to 135 lbs.

-
Back