having a little issue...

-
Yes. and it would also seem if the valve is hung open that far, well.....something came up and hit it.

I would think if seat failed it would have made a huge commotion banging around in the cylinder?

well that kinda what i was thinking but then again the valve spring would just hold everything tight...

Yes. and it would also seem if the valve is hung open that far, well.....something came up and hit it.

even with everything i milled off i still had like over .1" of clearance...

but will see tomorrow when i pulled the head...

also when it happened i thought that i lost a spark plug wire, kinda just started missing, so will see...

Sorry to hear you're having more troubles ](*,) dang it!! Like you said though, at least it didn't puke at the track.

Sorry to hear you're having more troubles ](*,) dang it!! Like you said though, at least it didn't puke at the track.

always something... pulling it tomarrow and that will tell all... hope it didn't hit the piston but i dont think it did...

got the head off, franks gasket works great! no leaks around the intake/exhaust

the valve seat looks fine, but the valve did kiss it, not by much... im really pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it would to that?

here are the pics

also included all my plugs (for the pros to read, in order 1-6) and the cool "swirl" pattern in one of the cylinders

Attachments

• 101_4365.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 101_4366.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 101_4367.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 152
  • 101_4368.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 101_4369.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 101_4370.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 101_4374.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 101_4375.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 101_4376.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 141
ok so i went up to the bosses shop and broke down that cyl (int/exh) the intake was just as loose as before so i dont think they installed new guides, and the exhaust was seized...

edit

called them and they used hardened steel guides, not bronze. they said that that exhaust valve must have been set to tight so they are going to go back thru it free of charge and im taking the push rod and rockers with me so maybe they will replace them to...

Sounds like a pretty good shop then. everybody makes mistakes, but those who back it up are usually the good guys. Don't worry dude. It'll be mean again. Keep us posted. I bet dollars to doughnuts that valve is bent, too.

Sounds like a pretty good shop then. everybody makes mistakes, but those who back it up are usually the good guys. Don't worry dude. It'll be mean again. Keep us posted. I bet dollars to doughnuts that valve is bent, too.

drove down the the machine shop (Chuck Speed Center AZ) and they broke the entire head down infront of me... all the exhaust guides/valves were galling and ready to stick... so looks like they are getting all new Ferra exhaust valves because the SI valves that are in it (supplied thru Clifford) as supposedly have rumors to be Chinese junk...

so they are covering it and now i have to get another damn intake and head gasket!

So...they are going to supply the higher priced valves? I would stick with them then. They sound absolutely legit. Keep us posted.

So...they are going to supply the higher priced valves? I would stick with them then. They sound absolutely legit. Keep u posted.

yea sounds like it but the out the door product will tell all... see the nice thing is i work for SS and AFX, and we get all our machining done with them so im thinking they know if they screw me my boss will drop them...

yea sounds like it but the out the door product will tell all... see the nice thing is i work for SS and AFX, and we get all our machining done with them so im thinking they know if they screw me my boss will drop them...

It's good to have leverage....but they should treat every customer like that.....maybe they do. Keepin my fingers crossed for you.

Hey Kid, Do you run any additive in your fuel or strait pump ? It may be a little lean except for the one darker brown. ( stuck valve cylinder ?) Just a thought. The old school way to read plugs was to run full throttle through the gears, once in high click off the ignition as soon as you lift the throttle and neutral the tranny, drift to a stop, then pull the plugs on the side of the road to see what they look like. From your videos looks like you have some near by road to do this on. Again this is old school,low buck tuning.

Hey Kid, Do you run any additive in your fuel or strait pump ? It may be a little lean except for the one darker brown. ( stuck valve cylinder ?) Just a thought. The old school way to read plugs was to run full throttle through the gears, once in high click off the ignition as soon as you lift the throttle and neutral the tranny, drift to a stop, then pull the plugs on the side of the road to see what they look like. From your videos looks like you have some near by road to do this on. Again this is old school,low buck tuning.

the dark one is the stuck cyl... as for the tuning they told me that once it is back together again they will run it on the dyno to get readings on AFR so we can tune it... they first thought it was lean because the exhaust valves but running a 66 primary, 6.5pv(if i remember) and 72 secondaries i doubt it running lean lol...

as fuel yep ,straight 91... im thinking there is something in the gas to make it look orange lol...

-
Back