having a little issue...

-
well i disassembled the head to have it cleaned and a minimum mill for a clean up...

the intake valves were covered in a thick glob of oil... so i put the valves back in the head and they wobbled a little bit, like .003-.005 clearance...

so it needs new guides which also means another valve job...

so im gonna call the shop who did it 6K miles ago and hash it out with them...

im really getting tired of this...

Attachments

• 0124111719.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 219
I bet dollars to doughnuts that they knurlled your guides. That crap don't last no time. what does the guide look like in the valve spring seat area? Can you tell that it's ever been replaced?

ok well the head is back from the machine shop

the had to replace the guides, re-do the crappy 2angle valve job with a full radius VJ, milled the head a couple of tho to clean it up

so assembled the head, got most everything installed

just need to install and mark dampner for timing, time the dizzy, install cover on oil pump, and install in car!

did some work to the dart also! did a pin kit in all the doors and adjusted/gapped them, adj and gapped the hood and fenders

installed hood pins!!

Attachments

• 101_4234.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 211
  • 101_4244.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 0204111806.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 204
let me know if you need a hand. I'll be at my parents house today. And they are just around the corner from ya.

let me know if you need a hand. I'll be at my parents house today. And they are just around the corner from ya.

we just got another build in yesterday! yahoo another SS dart but its a 530 track only race car, 9 sec car:yawinkle:

taking the Mr. Norms car out on Sunday to speedworld to...

have fun on sunday. i want to go racing (spent the last 2 weekends at speedworld) unfortunatly my car is not ready for the track. so untill then, looks like i need to get working on it.

well after 3hrs the new converter and engine are back in! need a new intake gasket so no running today but the hard part is done!

well darn its not letting me post them...

well the motor is back together, runs, and has oil pressure!

needs way more base timing tho... we set up the dizzy for 12 base/32 total, but that base aint gonna cut it...

ran it around the block after warming it up, checking fluids, and what not...

loaded it from 20 to 60mph a bunch of times in second...

only issue is that the trans seems to slip on shifting? not a nice quick change, but could that be the converter??

thx ed

vids and pics tomorrow... to late and way to loud... (open exhaust)

forgot the pics..

Attachments

• 101_4292.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 101_4282.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 145
can't wait to hear it run. That's sweet. Wish mine could be fired up. Oh well it will be alive soon enough

Were you wrappin it up in RPM any? If not, a loose converter will feel slushy shifting. They only shift really hard when under hard acceleration. What kinda valve body mods do you have?

Were you wrappin it up in RPM any? If not, a loose converter will feel slushy shifting. They only shift really hard when under hard acceleration. What kinda valve body mods do you have?

its a 904 with less than 1K miles on it. has a Turbo Action Raverse Manual VB in it... before the converter it shifted crisply? i guess that would be the word...

tonite i turned up the timing to 32 Total runs better! so another drive and it shifted nice if i was barely on it but other wise it shifts good and then kinda acts like its slipping but that must be the converter...

vid should be up in ten...

drum roll please....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN3YIvbj3h4"]YouTube - Slant Six Wants To Be A Hemi![/ame]

Big Congrats.......sounds pretty mean & like it's got plenty of power. I can't wait to see it run :smile:

shifted it at 5k today and shifted alot better so im thinking its cuz the new rear isn't in it with the 3.91's... still the stock 2.74's or what ever...

shifted it at 5k today and shifted alot better so im thinking its cuz the new rear isn't in it with the 3.91's... still the stock 2.74's or what ever...

Well damn, that's what's wrong with it. The converter ain't locked up at cruisin speed. Don't worry about it. It's fine.

haha well after some great runs at speed world, i drove all the way home an within a 1/2 miles i dropped a cylinder...

pulled all the plugs with no issues, so i pulled the V/C to find this...

now mind you these are after driving all the way home it does this in my drive way...

to things in mind are a dropped valve seat or a stuck guide... so off the head comes again to see whats up...

Attachments

• 101_4352.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 101_4350.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 101_4351.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 144
Man, I sure hate that. It sounded so good. At least removing the head isn't a terrible job to do. I mean....it's not like pullin heads on a 2004 Ford Ranger. lol

Man, I sure hate that. It sounded so good. At least removing the head isn't a terrible job to do. I mean....it's not like pullin heads on a 2004 Ford Ranger. lol

at least it waited to do it once i got home at not the track... i have tomorrow off so will see what it is...

i think mark is right tho, dropped a seat, this is another thing that machine shop did coming back to haunt me...

-
Back