Hawaii & West Coast Tsunami Warning!!!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Hawaii Members!!!

It will get to you in an hour or so!!!!!
Hilo= 12-14 foot waves could hit. 3AM your local time!!!

West Coast / ALASKA,
Low lying Areas;

Get you buts and A-Bodies to High Ground Now!!!!

San Francisco; Arrives Approx 8:08AM Your local time!!!

OREGON; Before 7:30AM your local time!!

Link;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42024659/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?GT1=43001

Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and Central and South America, You're on the list too!!!

Get to safety!!!!

God bless you all, Prayers sent!!

Eastern US FABO Members;If you know someone in these areas, please call them NOW to warn them, they may be asleep right now!

Thanks FABO!

People are actually on the beach waiting for it in Hawaii!!
They are showing them on the Weather Channel right now on a security camera!!!

OMG!!!

I hope my friends here chime in soon from Hawaii, Prayer to all of the people in Japan and Hawaii.

I hope my friends here chime in soon from Hawaii, Prayer to all of the people in Japan and Hawaii.

X2 on that. I just saw the destruction in Japan, it is really, really bad and the earthquake that started it all was rated the 5th strongest ever recorded.

I am right in sausalito on the other side of the golden gate bridge. They are closing some beaches but no evacuations. I am about 2 blocks from the bay but up on a hill. Nobody is too worried here.

Plus luckily it is low tide here when it is supposed to hit us, so there is only going to be 2-4 foot waves.

I have to go to Long Beach (SoCal) this morning for a class for work. The class is only a couple of blocks from the beach. I'll be back tonight and let you know what (if anything) happens.

Right now it looks like Hawaii was spared the worst of it. California is next. I heard that Crescent City could see 7 foot waves.

Just watched some video coverage of it.......scary stuff....everybody stay safe.....

The Japan nucleolar plant back up cooling system is not working and it looks real bad there, Trains and ships has been swept away, the earths crust looks like it has opened up and a giant whirl pool of the ocean is going on now. This is very bad, and there is no telling what could happen in days to come, Our Newmadrid fault line could get be effected who knows we have had hundreds of earth quakes last year and one the was over 4.0.......... It's like the world is having a hart attack.
I keep extra water stored in every bleach jug we use and date it and a kit with supplies that should be looked at again, Fishing gear, ammo, tarps and rope just to name a few.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L-SSugJ2FY"]YouTube - ALERT - Arkansas Earthquake Swarm - 18 Feb 2011- 5.8 Baja, CA[/ame]

I'm on high ground in California, but my heart and mind is with those impacted by the devastation. After seeing some of the footage, this looks like a REALLY big one in Japan.

Wow this sucks I hope all our members are ok and our families prayers are sent for those in need.

We (wife and friends) have been praying for friends that we have over there- they have responded to us via facebook but it's far from over especially with the nuclear plant having serious issues- They just issued an evacuation from that area. I have friends that live on the Oregon coast but it doesn't look too likely that they'll get hit with huge waves. Pray up.

The Pacific Ocean is a damn big pond, lots of different currents...etc. IF, it reaches the US west coast, it'd be lucky to be 1m in height.
Australia won't get it.....too many islands/reefs in the way.....but I don't know how PNG will go though.

I have to go to Long Beach (SoCal) this morning for a class for work. The class is only a couple of blocks from the beach. I'll be back tonight and let you know what (if anything) happens.

My Grandma lives in Long Beach right next to marine stadium. Will have to give her a call and see what she says.

They issued alerts here and closed down schools in some areas that are exposed to the open ocean.Fortunately the waves were only about 1m by the time they got here so nothing was damaged.

We definitely got off a lot easier than those in Japan,scary to think that will happen here at some point.

They just reported that the Island of Japan moved 6 feet east from the earthquake/tsunami. Sheer utter devastation. Please pray for these people. With the nuclear plants potentially melting down, this could be the worst natural disaster ever.

My students and I watched it on the news this morning. Told them to put it in perpsective. We here in Winnipeg are upset with the blizzard we are having today, well it could be a heck of a lot worse. Told them be thankful the only thing you need to worry about this weekend is some snow. We are a prairie city, but we can be thankful that we are in the centre of a tectonic plate, and not near any fault lines. Made them really think about that and change their attitudes.

All's well in SoCal. I wasn't able to put an eyeball on the beach but the news said it as a very minor surge, 1-3 feet max. No wave at all.
I've heard there were some problems further north on the California coast but haven't see the news on tv.
Someone in the class I wass in earlier today said the school district in Newport Beach here in SoCal closed schools for the day - students probably went surfing.
Wishing all the best possible for those in Japan. They were hit extremely hard. I heard one newscast say there's well over 80,000 people missing in Japan.

-
Back