Hawaii & West Coast Tsunami Warning!!!

-
it hit bretty good out here near monterey erea. One person missing, couple dozen boats sunk, lots of damage. Buddy is gonna be doing salvage and recovery for the next few weeks. You can smell the fuel in the air. Got home tonite, so I'm glad to be away from the shoreline.

my band has tour'd JAPAN twice, we have alot of really good friends over there, as well as our record label is in tokyo. everything is totally EFFD up over there. my band is trying to do some sort of benefit to help raise some $$$ to help out. it hits alot closer to home when its your friends (as much as that sux to realize)

This chart looks promising.. It shows how the radiation will spread if they can't get the nuclear reactors to cool down. 4 plants are on meltdown right now. They say anything over 10 REMS is bad, 200 is when you start to lose hair.

http://www.realnewsreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/falloutmap.jpg

Yeah that is definite picker upper eh?? Im not all doom and gloom, but been taking Environmental Tech for almost 2 years now and this **** doesnt surprise me. As soon as I heard about the earthquake I was thinking about their reactors.
Do you think they would admit a meltdown was happening right away?? You think you could get to a safe place in 72 hours?? Depressing **** for sure. Lets hope they get they get it figured out and fixed!

Yeah that is definite picker upper eh?? Im not all doom and gloom, but been taking Environmental Tech for almost 2 years now and this **** doesnt surprise me. As soon as I heard about the earthquake I was thinking about their reactors.
Do you think they would admit a meltdown was happening right away?? You think you could get to a safe place in 72 hours?? Depressing **** for sure. Lets hope they get they get it figured out and fixed!

I realize they need electricity, but you would think the country that gets the most earthquakes each year (somewhere near 100) would choose a less dangerous/hazardous way to produce it.

I realize they need electricity, but you would think the country that gets the most earthquakes each year (somewhere near 100) would choose a less dangerous/hazardous way to produce it.
or better safety standards and emergency plans to deal with a worst case scenario like this . . .

In this news clip, they talk about how Japan is releasing nuclear fumes, to release pressure, which are supposedly unharmful to humans or the environment. They also mention a 'dome' which will go over the reactor, if they fail to cool them down. Not sure how it works.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHQXW7VSMw"]YouTube - Japan's Chernobyl? Radiation pressure fears at Fukushima plant[/ame]

At least if a Coal burning power station is wrecked from an Earthquake or Tsunami...it won't wreck the area and make it unliveable for a very long time.
Nuclear power stations.....playing with some bad juju there......what is worse????....filtered smoke or nuclear waste that is here for a very, very long time.????

-
Back