Hayden clutch 2765

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Anyone know the thickness of this unit. My Mopar perf assembly is a no-go. Need something about 3/4 inch shorter.
Dang it! Brand spankin' new, too. Have to get it on the classifieds.

Funny how stuff changes when don't expect it to.

2-11/16"

Attachments

• hayden 2765 006.1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,569
  • hayden 2765 005.1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 515
The Hayden clutch 2765 solved my clearance problem. I bought the mopar fan kit. The clutch was too long but the fan worked with the hayden clutch.

Man. Gonna be reeeeal close. I got 3 1/8th from waterpump hub to rad. Might have to do a Felx-a-lite nylon.

What do guys think about that fan clutch being around 3/8 of an inch from my rad? Kinda scary?

That is scary. I don't know ..... make sure you have a torque strap. lol

I thought this clutch gave more clearance than that! I have a Griffin radiator and know that 3/8 wouldn't be enough. You have a stock rad?

Man. Gonna be reeeeal close. I got 3 1/8th from waterpump hub to rad. Might have to do a Felx-a-lite nylon.

What do guys think about that fan clutch being around 3/8 of an inch from my rad? Kinda scary?

If the clutch fins stick out more than the fan, shave the clutch fins 1/4". 1/2" or more clearance is fine.

rad is not stock. Thicker core. Not by much though. I'm stickin' with my flex a lite nylon. I ran it all last year, up to 6800 RPM. Has an 8000 RPM rating and cooled my 340 really well. I won't be revving this new stroker that high, and it fits perfect in relation to the shroud.

I thought the Hayden gave you more clearance too.

I guess it would save me time, money and aggravation to just let my seven steel blade Flexalite fan go. I dont drive it that much anyways. I have a electric fan mounted in front of the rad on stand by also.

rad is not stock. Thicker core. Not by much though. I'm stickin' with my flex a lite nylon. I ran it all last year, up to 6800 RPM. Has an 8000 RPM rating and cooled my 340 really well. I won't be revving this new stroker that high, and it fits perfect in relation to the shroud.

I thought the Hayden gave you more clearance too.

I have the Champion 4 core radiator with the longer aluminum 70 up small block water pump. The Haydan 2765 saved my butt. Only thing that would work.

I just measured the clutch fins are exactly 1/2" from the radiator. The front-most part of the fan blade tip is 15/16" from the radiator.

I've been running the p#ss out of it. All day at Willow Spring to 6100 rpm and on the street hard too. Buzzed it to 6000 coming home from the store a 1/2 hour ago. No traction with the 416 in 1st gear. Even from a 15mph row.

Attachments

• 3_27_11Sm10.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 434
In my case Im running March water pump pulley in which the thickness of it is atleast ¼"... that doesn't help things either.

-
Back