hazards blowing fuse now.

-

Butch67

Reaction score
Question. I have a 71 dart with a rally dash. All the lights where working before hand except for the horn. I mean the turn signals and the hazard lights. Also if you put on the left hand turn signal the switch wouldn't stay down because the plastic was broken I believe. I replaced the wiring harness and switch assembly with a new one. Now when I turn on the hazards or the left turn signal the volt meter jumps up and down and those lights don't work. If I leave it on very long it blows the fuse. If I turn on the right signal it works and the horn works now too. The wiring harness for the dash is new a couple years ago when I started the rebuild. Any idea on where this issue may be? I am guessing ground issue. I have checked all the grounds that I can think of. Also I should add, the lights all work, hi beam, low beam, all marker lights and brake lights. Thanks all.

I'd be checking the wiring I ran down the column for the new switch to make sure nothing got pinched or chaffed on install.

Ya, I figured that too, so I took it all apart and the switch isn't even inside the column now. I have it plugged in and just sitting on a piece of wood. Thanks though.

sounds more like a short circuit, not lack of ground. There have been ample posts about various faults related to ebay - Chinese signal switches.

I am stopping today to get another switch from the mopar guy here in Ontario. Hoping this fixes it, but not betting the house on it.
I just can't figure out how all the lights work, except those 2 functions.
I may have to bypass the wiring harness and just run loose wires to see if they will work that way. Maybe there is an issue with the new dash wiring harness. Thanks.

The most recommended replacement signal switch come from our member slantsixdan and/or the Daniel Stern Lighting website.

The most recommended replacement signal switch come from our member slantsixdan and/or the Daniel Stern Lighting website.
Ok, Thanks. I get my stuff from a mopar only place 90 mins or so from my house. They were the first ones to tell me to try another wire harness. They gave me another one to try and if it works I can return the other one.

-
Back