HD front end.....

-
Congrats Ink...very sweet set-up. I had the pleasure of meeting Denny at a Mopower Madness event here in May, and I was floored by the quality of his products. I'm not surprised he was great to deal with. He's a real nice guy. On a different note, his Duster is absolutely amazing. After checking it out, my daughters were like "we wish OUR Duster was that cool Dad"...damn...Thanks Denny! LOL

Look forward to following your build Ink,

Pat

Probably will not be a build thread....not going to be putting a Mopar motor in the car and really don't want to deal with all the chest pounding crap that is going to be the result of it....

There are some no elless haters here.My buddy keeps trying to convince me to put one in my dart.I would love to see

I will take some pics tomorrow after work for you to graze over.

I also thought about putting an LS in my Dart, but I figured with an Explorer rear end, a Mustang II rack and spindles, GM metric Calipers, Granada Front Discs, and a Crown Vic aluminum drive shaft it would too much of a mutt, so I went 5.7 Hemi. :)

Yep....

the bang for your buck with an LS is incredible.

Been spending some time at the Turbo Forums....more than 1 fellow has told me to look for the low compression 6.0 truck motor, a good size turbo and a slightly rich tune to help the factory pistons cool and low 10's will be had with just a moderate amount of boost. A few of them have told me that they have pushed over 1000hp at the crank on wrecking yard motors....reliably....Kind of like the idea of just using a wrecking yard motor with a gasket set. When the day happens that you hurt it just drop another wrecking yard motor in it...kind of hard to argue with it....although I am positive that there are more than a few here that will...

Going to be a while before I get to it.....I have some pressing matters that need to be addressed first. Will probably have a build thread here for the car with a link to the motor end of it on the Turbo Forums.....if I ever get to it...

Yep.... Been spending some time at the Turbo Forums....more than 1 fellow has told me to look for the low compression 6.0 truck motor, a good size turbo and a slightly rich tune to help the factory pistons cool and low 10's will be had with just a moderate amount of boost. A few of them have told me that they have pushed over 1000hp at the crank on wrecking yard motors....reliably....Kind of like the idea of just using a wrecking yard motor with a gasket set. When the day happens that you hurt it just drop another wrecking yard motor in it...kind of hard to argue with it....although I am positive that there are more than a few here that will... Going to be a while before I get to it.....I have some pressing matters that need to be addressed first. Will probably have a build thread here for the car with a link to the motor end of it on the Turbo Forums.....if I ever get to it...

Nelson racing engines did this with a 4.8. I didn't believe it at first, but they made some red oculus numbers with the stock rotating assembly. You should check them out. Lots of wild builds including a 4 figure 4.3 v6 build!

Nelson racing engines did this with a 4.8. I didn't believe it at first, but they made some red oculus numbers with the stock rotating assembly. You should check them out. Lots of wild builds including a 4 figure 4.3 v6 build!

I think you might have missed what I am after.....I don't want to end up with a ton of $$ in the motor itself.....From 2002-06 Cheby offered the LQ4. Made 300 or so horsepower & 360 or so pounds of torque. More importantly was the somewhat boost friendly 9.4:1 compression ratio. Sure it lacks forged pistons...however if you tune the afr a bit on the rich side it will help keep, along with Meth injection, the combustion temperatures safe enough to avoid troubles.....or so I was told be several folks that I have been talking to....

Have spoken with more than one fellow at the Turbo forums about this. They all have told me that a cam shaft swap is not necessary for what I would like to do. They said any set of LS heads will work for my goals. Only suggested motor mod was a different set of valve springs....and that was more of a maintenance thing.

Patiently waiting for "The Haters", as Joe calls them to show up and tell me that these guys are full of it. Find that hard to believe, seeing as how not one comment has been made that the info they are giving me is not true.

I wont lie I am not a huge fan of cross breeds but, I fully understand why and what you are doing. I also agree with Joe F*** the haters do a build thread! I would read it for sure.

So you selling your Hemi? :D

Never bought one....just have the EFI Cross Ram and the Charlies pan.....At some point I will probably sell the intake....but I am in no hurry and will want to get out of it what I paid for it, which was only the balance that was owed to the guy that built it....If I had the HEMI already it would be going in the car.....

Sorry I could have swore you had the engine, I thought you already did a test fit when doing the inner fenders? ah but I'm getting old and forgetful.

Sorry I could have swore you had the engine, I thought you already did a test fit when doing the inner fenders? ah but I'm getting old and forgetful.

There was a plastic HEMI mock up block in it at one point....

Hi Pat,

also great to meet you and your family,

your 2 hot rod lovin' daughters trump ANY Duster...anytime. You and your wife win by miles!

you're welcome!
Mopar to ya'
Denny

Thanks for helping me get my priorities straighten out Denny. LOL!...

Be well,
Pat

Probably will not be a build thread....not going to be putting a Mopar motor in the car and really don't want to deal with all the chest pounding crap that is going to be the result of it....

Ink, I could care less what you put in it man. Cool builds are cool builds...and I'm guessing your's is gonna be just that. Start that thread!

Take Care,
Pat

I'd like to see it. Don't let anyone else stop you from posting your build thread here. Your car your $$$$

AJ

Those parts look real familiar. :)

I don't blame you for not wanting to put up with the haters. They are the scourge of this site. If you do post a thread I'll be part of the posse with your back.

-
Back