Head...ake help

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
hey guys, I know im in the middle of building my motor, but Im having trouble find what heads I want. I have the stock magnums with a gasket match, but I feel they wont flow enough for the lift I have.

So I was looking at the Hugues 2.02 Iron rams and the Alum. Edelbrock Magnums.

What would be best for my cituation... Mostly steet, but Will be racing it at the track at most 3 times a month and is more of a weekend warrior. It will have a full manual Vb and 4.10 gears. I know there is about a 60 pound difference between the iron and the alum. So what should i do. Go to the alum? or go with the irons becasue they are cheaper and lose 60 pounds off the car some how?

ps the Iron rams flow better then the Eddys out of the box

I guess it's a matter of how much $$$$ you have to spend and what you want to spend it on. How big is this engine going to be? If it's close to stock CI then the irons would do better. But don't go too large on port volumes or intake valve size or the engine will suffer.

its going to be a 366 0r 40 over 360 with .524 lift and 10.7 compression

Then I would use the magnums that you have and have the bowls worked and they should flow more than enough for the cam and CI that your going with.

The thing is that a head can only be made to flow so much in the low lifts and with a cam in the low .500 lift range you need a head that flows the best from .100 to .400 as you have to pass this area twice and are only at peak flow for a very very short time. So a good bowl blend will get you as much as any Eddy head will ever get, so IMO don't waste the $$$ on the other heads as they won't flow any better than what you already have when done right.

-
Back