head change what to expect

-

mod5v

Reaction score
So currently running stock heads on my 360. I'm changing to EQ magnums soon and curious on how
Big of a change it will be
360+.030 Sp405 pistons stock rods/crank. Stock "587" heads 1.88x1.60 valves [email protected] cam pistons are .035" in the hole comes out to 8.8-1 right now should be right at 9-1 after head change. Anyone care to guess how much HP/ tq will increase. The eq heads are 1.92*1.62 no porting this is a class racing motor will see 6kprm at the most.

Depends on how bad the 360 heads are now. If I had to guess probably 20-30hp depending.

Nothing wrong per se with the heads on it other than being totally stock smog 360 heads. Just from everything I read the mag heads flow a little better and have a better chamber this type of racing is all about more/flatter torque curve.

It will have more power.

By "bad" I mean as cast, and the existing valve job/parts quality. If things were really bad you could get 10-15hp just by putting good heads, identical to what you have on there...

The rules state no port work so yes they are as cast with a 3 angle valve job a
But stock valves with springs matched to the cam. The new heads will have a little more attention to detail but still no porting allowed some flashing clean up will happen as long as it can be done without evidence of grinding.

-
Back